Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on going for different brand tires for front vs rear (till rear tires are due for replacement) ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I am a 2018 X 100D owner from PA and my OEM Contis on the front seem worn out and are due for replacement after 20K miles. Though I haven't specifically measured the tread wear but the rear ones seem good to last for atleast another 5 to 10K miles or so. I am looking to replace just the front with all season tires for now and after reading some reviews here am inclining towards going in for Scorpion Zero AS plus as my priorities are tread wear comfort and noise.

Can I go in for a combination of Scorpions in the front for a few thousand miles till the OEM Contis in the rear are due for replacement ? Any thoughts on going for Scorpion Verde v/s Scorpion Zero AS plus ?

Are there are any recommendations for non Tesla tire installers in the greater Philly area if I decide to order tires from Tirerack ?

~A

I used Discount Tire to install 4 new Scorpion Zero A/S Plus on my 2018 X two months ago. They are quieter and have great road feel compared to the OEM Contis with 42k miles that were on the car. The rear tires had a bit more tread left, but replacing all 4 just seemed to make sense.

Upvote 0
Thanks Herbert for your response...i would also love to replace all four tires at the same time however one of my rear tires is fairly new with around 7K miles on it hence was looking for suggestions if I can replace just the front 2 with Scorpion Zero AS Plus

~A

Reactions: Hebert
Upvote 0