TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thoughts on Good 2016 90D X Private Party Price vs CPO?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by travwill, Apr 14, 2018.

1. travwill

travwill Active Member

I see Tesla CPO seems high in price still, this 2016 90D that is same as ours (but has high fidelity) is listed for $103K. That is with 26K miles also.
    Inventory Search | Tesla

Does you guys (or gals) have thought on a fair private party sell price for similar car here? I am potentially looking to sell ours. It is a:

X, 90D, blue. Garage kept, VERY clean, just a nick on one wheel I think.
    - 12K miles
    - 6 seater
    - towing installed
    - the premium pkg (auto door opens, nicer trim/lightings, alcantara dash, etc.)
    - full cold weather pkg
    - white interior, black headliner, the nice matte obeche wood
    - all weather mats installed
    - would include the Tesla bike rack ($500+)

Fair sell price? Chicago area here and considering to sell if sounds like can get reasonable value out of it.

2. selective

selective Member

Have you tried to get an estimate on a trade in from Tesla? A realistic sale price for private party could be that trade in value +5k or more. Also can compare on other sites to get an idea like onlyusedtesla.com Saw one for that is comparable at 81k with 18k miles.
    I’m looking for one if the price is right and i am near your area(Indiana). You can pm me if you have a price on your mind,

3. TexasTeslaRacing

I loaded MX 90D with AP1 should be in the low-mid $80k range. I know they wholesale for mid-high $70k right now. That’s with less than 11k miles and in excellent condition.

• Like x 2
  4. selective

selective Member

Also, that's a P90 on the tesla cpo site, so there will be a price jump.

• Like x 1
  5. loganheinrich

loganheinrich Member

travwill - how many seats?

6. TexasTeslaRacing

True. Add another $7k-$10k for the Performance Model.

7. travwill

travwill Active Member

6 seater

Thanks for the info guys

8. bjwModelS

bjwModelS Member

travwill! I remember when we got our first S's together haha, getting ready to sell mine to make room for a 100D!

• Like x 1
  9. Sunshine State

Sunshine State Automotive Enthusiast

There is much more than a $7-10k price difference to move up to a P. More like $20k.

10. FlyinLow

FlyinLow Enjoy the journey

Kbb.com with your miles and options, (no AP), private party, excellent condition, is listed for $88,876 - $95,659.

GLWS! Beautiful combo, the blue exterior and white seats.

11. travwill

travwill Active Member

hey thanks guys. after thinking it over, definitely not ready to swap it out for a newer one yet. the 90 is plenty of range, the car has no issues, and AP1 is still more than I need. would rather and wait to see what the X looks like in say 5 years or so with perhaps more range, new tech, new hardware/design, etc.

thanks again!

• Like x 1
  12. FlyinLow

FlyinLow Enjoy the journey

I bought a used S and am doing the same. Great things to come for sure. Put some miles on that X!