Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Good 2016 90D X Private Party Price vs CPO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see Tesla CPO seems high in price still, this 2016 90D that is same as ours (but has high fidelity) is listed for $103K. That is with 26K miles also.
Inventory Search | Tesla

Does you guys (or gals) have thought on a fair private party sell price for similar car here? I am potentially looking to sell ours. It is a:

X, 90D, blue. Garage kept, VERY clean, just a nick on one wheel I think.
- 12K miles
- 6 seater
- towing installed
- the premium pkg (auto door opens, nicer trim/lightings, alcantara dash, etc.)
- full cold weather pkg
- white interior, black headliner, the nice matte obeche wood
- all weather mats installed
- would include the Tesla bike rack ($500+)

Fair sell price? Chicago area here and considering to sell if sounds like can get reasonable value out of it.

Have you tried to get an estimate on a trade in from Tesla? A realistic sale price for private party could be that trade in value +5k or more. Also can compare on other sites to get an idea like onlyusedtesla.com Saw one for that is comparable at 81k with 18k miles.
I’m looking for one if the price is right and i am near your area(Indiana). You can pm me if you have a price on your mind,

hey thanks guys. after thinking it over, definitely not ready to swap it out for a newer one yet. the 90 is plenty of range, the car has no issues, and AP1 is still more than I need. would rather and wait to see what the X looks like in say 5 years or so with perhaps more range, new tech, new hardware/design, etc.

thanks again!

Reactions: FlyinLow
hey thanks guys. after thinking it over, definitely not ready to swap it out for a newer one yet. the 90 is plenty of range, the car has no issues, and AP1 is still more than I need. would rather and wait to see what the X looks like in say 5 years or so with perhaps more range, new tech, new hardware/design, etc.

thanks again!

I bought a used S and am doing the same. Great things to come for sure. Put some miles on that X!