Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thoughts on Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Elect for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any thoughts on or experience with the new Pirelli P Zero AS Plus Elect? My factory MXM4s are nearly toast after ~27k miles and I'm curious about the new Pirellis vs. the slightly more expensive MXM4s.

Does anyone have experience re: range / road noise and comfort?

The CrossClimates are nice but i've read enough reviews where they caused a noticeable range hit for drivers and living in Texas we rarely have snow and it doesnt rain all that much.

No experience yet here. I made some calls and initial responses (Discount Tire) etc. were that they were on national backorder. and not expected for two to three months. Discount Tire made a direct call to their supplier and that was the response they received. Tire Rack however does have them as of late this afternoon.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
No experience yet here. I made some calls and initial responses (Discount Tire) etc. were that they were on national backorder. and not expected for two to three months. Discount Tire made a direct call to their supplier and that was the response they received. Tire Rack however does have them as of late this afternoon.
yeah. I guess it got lucky... they are in stock here at my North Texas Discount Tire location and I'm getting them installed next week. The reviews were slightly better for comfort / less noise than the MXM4s and they were slightly cheaper as well with a slightly better wear warranty. Noise with the MXM4 wasn't the best so I'm hoping the Pirellis will be slightly better.

Reactions: sTuKat
Discount Tire was advertising a $70 rebate on Pirellis, so inquire about that if you did not get it already. My area does not have any Discount Tire stores within 250 miles. Tire Rack did not have the rebate but did have free local pickup and the App "Honey" is giving me $51. I am trying to wait until September to install tires and wheels if it looks like I can keep the Ubers and OEM tires from my 22 Performance 3 safe (my car is leased) from dastardly potholes.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Discount Tire was advertising a $70 rebate on Pirellis, so inquire about that if you did not get it already. My area does not have any Discount Tire stores within 250 miles. Tire Rack did not have the rebate but did have free local pickup and the App "Honey" is giving me $51. I am trying to wait until September to install tires and wheels if it looks like I can keep the Ubers and OEM tires from my 22 Performance 3 safe (my car is leased) from dastardly potholes.
yeah. got that one. applied at checkout if you order with creating a DT account. I'll report back when i have them on my 3 and a few hundred miles driven

Reactions: sTuKat
Depends how you drive it. If you’re doing frequent 0-60 runs or driving with extreme cornering then you might appreciate a more performance tire. Otherwise probably fine.
Yeah, I think I will just do the occasional punch when I'm away from traffic. Normally will try to drive it a little mellow to preserve the tires. I think this will be a good fit, as I won't drive it bad winter weather (yet) but will drive it on cold days with up to a little snow. My old Porsche had summer so I wouldn't drive it if it got below freezing. The following year I will probably get 18 inch winter rims and winter tires.

got mine installed this morning at Discount Tire. Few things:

- appointment only move at Discount Tire was brilliant. Showed up 10 minutes early, was greeted already outside and checked in and into a bay in less than 10 minutes
- compared to years ago - Discount Tire is now *very* familiar with Tesla's and uses their own lift pucks and floor jacks only. Doesn't hurt to have a set of pucks with you - but Discount Tire has their own sets as well. If for some reason a tire shop tells you it's ok to lift a Tesla with floor scissor lifts ... say no and go somewhere else
- torque specs and psi settings were spot on ... 129 ft lb and 41 psi cold. nice to see but i also check torque myself at home after driving for a few miles.
- tech said they always to road forced balancing for new tire installs on their fancy machines
- was into the bay and out of the bay in just about 20 minutes with 3 guys working on the car

the Pirelli's come with ~8mm tread from the factory (outsides of tire slightly less, center slightly more) and are clearly marked "Elect" and with acoustic symbol. so no guessing if you got the right EV version as can happen with the MXM4s (XL vs. non-XL, acoustic vs. without). Sound and driving comfort feel ok - but I cant notice a huge difference versus the OEM Michelins... maybe slightly quieter but i would attribute that to a new tire vs. one with just ~3mm tread left. i likely could have gotten just about 30k miles out of the OEM Michelins (I got the new tires at 27k miles).

- appointment only move at Discount Tire was brilliant. Showed up 10 minutes early, was greeted already outside and checked in and into a bay in less than 10 minutes
- compared to years ago - Discount Tire is now *very* familiar with Tesla's and uses their own lift pucks and floor jacks only. Doesn't hurt to have a set of pucks with you - but Discount Tire has their own sets as well. If for some reason a tire shop tells you it's ok to lift a Tesla with floor scissor lifts ... say no and go somewhere else
- torque specs and psi settings were spot on ... 129 ft lb and 41 psi cold. nice to see but i also check torque myself at home after driving for a few miles.
- tech said they always to road forced balancing for new tire installs on their fancy machines
- was into the bay and out of the bay in just about 20 minutes with 3 guys working on the car

the Pirelli's come with ~8mm tread from the factory (outsides of tire slightly less, center slightly more) and are clearly marked "Elect" and with acoustic symbol. so no guessing if you got the right EV version as can happen with the MXM4s (XL vs. non-XL, acoustic vs. without). Sound and driving comfort feel ok - but I cant notice a huge difference versus the OEM Michelins... maybe slightly quieter but i would attribute that to a new tire vs. one with just ~3mm tread left. i likely could have gotten just about 30k miles out of the OEM Michelins (I got the new tires at 27k miles).

Which are the OEM Michelins, Pilot Sport 4S? I was thinking between the Elect and the Pilot Sport All Season.

thx good review.
any updates on range?

thx good review.
any updates on range?
too soon to tell ... i did drive a set route i used to go daily as commute last week and got just about the same usage as with the Michelins... so efficiency wise they seem at least for now spot on with the MXM4s which is what I wanted (CrossClimate and Pilot sports are cheaper offerings than the MXM4s or the P zero elect... but reviews say that you will take a noticeable efficiency hit).

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
yeah. just noticed the same at DT here as well. "back order". I guess it got lucky a few weeks ago... hopefully i dont need a replacement soon due to nails/road damage...

Mine was in stock yesterday, and still is on another computer.

Wondering if they're worth $75+ ea compared to regular AS. (price match)

No one else other than DT have the elect??