Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thoughts on Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Elect for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if they're worth $75+ ea compared to regular AS. (price match)
Without any testing of both versions of tires to see what the difference in range and economy (and other tire characteristics) is, one can only guess at the answers to the relevant questions:
  • How much does the difference in range matter to you?
  • How much extra electricity will the non-ELECT version tires consume over the life of the tires?
  • How much mileage will the tires last before they need to be replaced?
  • How do any of the other tire characteristics (braking, handling, ride, noise, etc.) differ and matter to you?

Reactions: vickh
Without any testing of both versions of tires to see what the difference in range and economy (and other tire characteristics) is, one can only guess at the answers to the relevant questions:
  • How much does the difference in range matter to you?
  • How much extra electricity will the non-ELECT version tires consume over the life of the tires?
  • How much mileage will the tires last before they need to be replaced?
  • How do any of the other tire characteristics (braking, handling, ride, noise, etc.) differ and matter to you?

Great points. Took advice here and got the Elects!

Range is critical on the SR

Mileage warranty is the same I believe and according to DT Pirelli and Michelin are best at honoring.

Road noise seems great now (i did only have 2/32s remaining on Primacy )

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Also picked up some Pirelli Elects today. Noise a major improvement over MXM4s with 3/32nds. Will report on efficiency after a week or so. Were slightly more expensive than new MXM4s but I wanted to try something new since the OEM tires only gave me 11k miles (most of that wear was probably in first 3 months of owning the car and my fault though).

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Also picked up some Pirelli Elects today. Noise a major improvement over MXM4s with 3/32nds. Will report on efficiency after a week or so. Were slightly more expensive than new MXM4s but I wanted to try something new since the OEM tires only gave me 11k miles (most of that wear was probably in first 3 months of owning the car and my fault though).

more expensive than new MXM4s? they were ~$255 at DT

MXM4s ~$300

same here. seem to be getting a lot more regen..

yeah. noise wise I would agree that they are an improvement over the MXM4s and my efficiency after ~200 miles with them seems to be on-par with my average MXM4 efficiency. so a win-win I would say plus a 50k miles warranty.

Yes 50k miles warranty was huge for me. I know with the weight I'll end up using.. DT guy said Pirelli and Michelin were best in that they take the dealers word for the claim.

Similar to AZ heat w/ 12 V battery and even dry rot for tires here. So i buy the best warranty. Bummer Michelin Defenders w/ 80K are still "coming soon" but they don't seem to be optimized for EVs (low noise, range )

Last edited:
Would these work ok on a performance model? Was contemplating getting all season tire, unless it really hampers performance.
If it helps, I went to “Ultra High Performance” All-Seasons on my factory 20” Uberturbines, and I can absolutely notice the difference in overall cornering traction compared to the stock tires. For example, where I could previously comfortably take the 270-degree off-ramp to work maintaining 58-60mph with the stock tires, I am limited to about 53-55 with the same comfort.

They aren’t bad by any stretch. But, it is noticeable, this was after my first AutoX event last weekend, on said all-seasons.
5707120D-FA23-40B3-9D1F-BEF2908B4C9C.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
nope. but they used a LOT of white grease to install the tires... should wash off fairly easily though

fair enough. I haven't noticed it on my other cars as much . Probably b/c I didn't baby them as much ;)

Also just noticed one of the tires doesn't have the elect symbol on it. Looks like i'm going back, just not sure if I should use the same location :(

fair enough. I haven't noticed it on my other cars as much . Probably b/c I didn't baby them as much ;)

Also just noticed one of the tires doesn't have the elect symbol on it. Looks like i'm going back, just not sure if I should use the same location :(
oh. that's bad. clearly they should all be marked as "elect" - that's what you paid for. on the bright side... not as bad as the job the Fort Worth "Service Center" did installing new lower rocker panel cover trim pieces... bulging out on the drivers side, bend clips (?) and not a single bolt used to re-install them ... and I paid $625 for that job order

Attachments

• trim piece.jpg
    trim piece.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 147
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
yes 3 of them are marked elect. though not super clear, and bad naming by Pirelli

Q: is what should I ask for the inconvenience. Too bad DT can't send a ranger to replace :) Also I hope they have in stock ...

oh. that's bad. clearly they should all be marked as "elect" - that's what you paid for. on the bright side... not as bad as the job the Fort Worth "Service Center" did installing new lower rocker panel cover trim pieces... bulging out on the drivers side, bend clips (?) and not a single bolt used to re-install them ... and I paid $625 for that job order
lol. yup... there's definitely supposed to be 4x bolts on each side under the "flaps" of the trim piece. I guess the SC just called it a day and installed the trim piece OVER the bolts to save time.

Attachments

• parts trim piece.JPG
    parts trim piece.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 146
Here's an update on these tires vs the MXM4s after about 200 miles:

-Definitely quieter
-Definitely not less efficient, likely more efficient

My lifetime Wh/mi is 250 with the MXM4s in Colorado climate. Finished a roadtrip with MXM4s last month and averaged about 255 Wh/mi. These new tires were at about 235 Wh/mi after another road trip and some city driving. These also have more initial tread depth than the MXM4s (looks like 10/32)

Overall I'm very happy.

-Definitely quieter

My lifetime Wh/mi is 250 with the MXM4s in Colorado climate. Finished a roadtrip with MXM4s last month and averaged about 255 Wh/mi. These new tires were at about 235 Wh/mi after another road trip and some city driving. These also have more initial tread depth than the MXM4s (looks like 10/32)

Overall I'm very happy.

yeah I wonder if the noise benefits will go away after the "new" tire tread part wears away.

Not as worried about tread since I'll just use warranty if it wears to 5/32 b/f 5 yrs I believe?

-Definitely quieter

Overall I'm very happy.
can second that now a few weeks in. They are noticeably quieter on the highway - and *really* quiet on great roads. Efficiency seems slightly better too... I'm averaging 245 whereas with old MXM4s i was getting ~255... probably well within the margin of error but at least they are not *less* efficient. What's weird... I feel like I'm getting better and longer re-gen with the Pirelli's than the MXM4s ? overall I'm super happy - especially as the Pirelli's are even slightly cheaper than the Michelins

Reactions: markc2