Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thoughts on Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Elect for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there'll be any rebates, discount, or sale soon for these tires? I totally missed out on the $110 off a set at America's Tires during Mem weekend.
I rotated my tires a couple weeks ago and it's in the 3/4 - 32nds right now, so it looks like I need to get new ones #soon. I've been eye-ing these Pirelli Elect's for a while and it seems the community seems very pleased!

I've been eye-ing these Pirelli Elect's for a while and it seems the community seems very pleased!
I bought a set for Sept./October installation. Early reports like the Pirellis for noise reduction and efficiency. Those reports are simply initial reactions. There is really not enough data to know (people with 10K + miles on them). For other variables (wear, handling, winter performance, etc.), there is not any information. Perhaps, one can make assumptions based the non-elect version which has been around for a while. What I do know now is that they are going in and out of availability in limited sizes. If you see some and really want them, you might want to consider buying them at the present price.

oh. that's bad. clearly they should all be marked as "elect"

I just saw that one tire has "inside" marked on it vs "outside" on the elect ones. Wondering if it's worth my while to go in to switch?

I did call in and they have to order the elects for later this week just in case . I will ask for a discount/ free certs for the trouble.

Last edited:
I bought a set for Sept./October installation. Early reports like the Pirellis for noise reduction and efficiency. Those reports are simply initial reactions. There is really not enough data to know (people with 10K + miles on them). For other variables (wear, handling, winter performance, etc.), there is not any information. Perhaps, one can make assumptions based the non-elect version which has been around for a while. What I do know now is that they are going in and out of availability in limited sizes. If you see some and really want them, you might want to consider buying them at the present price.

there is some info from the S forum. Not sure if applicable hereL

there is some info from the S forum. Not sure if applicable hereL

@vickh Not applicable I believe. They're discussing a summer tire, whereas this thread is about an all-season.

I just saw that one tire has "inside" marked on it vs "outside" on the elect ones. Wondering if it's worth my while to go in to switch?

I did call in and they have to order the elects for later this week just in case . I will ask for a discount/ free certs for the trouble.
if "inside" is marked on the visible outside... they installed the tire incorrectly. not a huge deal but you definitely want to get it corrected. the inside of the pirelli p zero has "grip blocks" for better traction in snow.... you want to drive the tires as they are designed.

Reactions: vickh and sTuKat

The "inside" one is mounted incorrectly. It should definitely be corrected.

if "inside" is marked on the visible outside... they installed the tire incorrectly. not a huge deal but you definitely want to get it corrected. the inside of the pirelli p zero has "grip blocks" for better traction in snow.... you want to drive the tires as they are designed.

thx. will do. I had them get another one just in case. I wonder if 2 weeks of "wrong way use will cause any wear issues?

Wonder if the grip blocks help w/ range too.

thx. will do. I had them get another one just in case. I wonder if 2 weeks of "wrong way use will cause any wear issues?

Wonder if the grip blocks help w/ range too.
i would demand a new tire tbh. incorrectly installing a tire is kinda a big oversight and shouldn't happen. how hard is it to read inside/ outside on the tire markings before installing them?

Reactions: vickh
i would demand a new tire tbh. incorrectly installing a tire is kinda a big oversight and shouldn't happen. how hard is it to read inside/ outside on the tire markings before installing them?

yeah. This would be obvious in the white sidewall days.

If there is no real damage in a hundred miles or so, I'd rather get free hazard certs (which don't cost them much as insurance) . But I'll start at replacement. just like the old lady commercial the old lady commercial - Bing video

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Does anyone know if there'll be any rebates, discount, or sale soon for these tires? I totally missed out on the $110 off a set at America's Tires during Mem weekend.
I rotated my tires a couple weeks ago and it's in the 3/4 - 32nds right now, so it looks like I need to get new ones #soon. I've been eye-ing these Pirelli Elect's for a while and it seems the community seems very pleased!
Just got mine installed at America's Tires today. So far so good. I can definitely feel the difference vs OEM MXM4.

There is a 4th of July promotion going on if you place the order online.

Just got mine installed at America's Tires today. So far so good. I can definitely feel the difference vs OEM MXM4.

There is a 4th of July promotion going on if you place the order online.

I would try to match since it's within the 30 day return, but they have refunded me ~$300 for a reverse mount snafu + free certs+ OEM Michelin tread warranty `$550=~ $313 OTD Smokin deal!

On the bad news side they put the car on a lift even though I told the manager and installer when he was driving to put on jack. Manager claimed they've worked on "hundreds" of Teslas w/o issue this way. I guess battery damage would show up right away right? Does it hurt anything else?

Wish they didn't have so many kids working in this location, they tend to get goofy. I will go to another for rotations going fwd and watch them do it

Last edited:
Spirited driving with these tires has been great on my 18s. As others have noted, definitely more quiet and more efficient. I don't have the numbers yet for efficiency yet but regen + putting the hammer down have been great. Definitely happy with the upgrade.

Reactions: vickh and sTuKat
Spirited driving with these tires has been great on my 18s. As others have noted, definitely more quiet and more efficient. I don't have the numbers yet for efficiency yet but regen + putting the hammer down have been great. Definitely happy with the upgrade.
Thanks Dave. I have been waiting for some performance type comments. The Ubers and performance tires have to come off in September/October timeframe in my CT environment plus the car is leased and the OEM stuff has to be in good shape when the car is returned. I am more optimistic that I might be happy running the Elects (on 18 Tsportsline wheels) all year.

I just had these installed on my Model 3 Mid Range today. Initial impressions from the short drive home are positive. Noise and comfort are good. Grip on a hard acceleration seemed a bit subpar, but I'll wait for them to break in fully to see if that improves at all.

I just had these installed on my Model 3 Mid Range today. Initial impressions from the short drive home are positive. Noise and comfort are good. Grip on a hard acceleration seemed a bit subpar, but I'll wait for them to break in fully to see if that improves at all.
That is interesting as to quote Pirelli marketing, "Finally, an immediate grip designed to bite into the asphalt instantly, putting the power down for a quick getaway." I am teasing, but hopefully your Mid Range does not have enough torque to take advantage of the new Perelli feature. :p

That is interesting as to quote Pirelli marketing, "Finally, an immediate grip designed to bite into the asphalt instantly, putting the power down for a quick getaway." I am teasing, but hopefully your Mid Range does not have enough torque to take advantage of the new Perelli feature. :p
Yeah, I'm not too worried. Pretty common for new tires to not have full performance yet. I'll give it a few hundred miles and see...

Reactions: sTuKat