Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thoughts on Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Elect for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there is a recent testing review from tirerack that compares the stock model 3 18inch Michelin Primacy MXM4 T1 (OE) vs Michelin CrossClimate2
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=298

also stock model 3 19 Continental ProContact RX T1 (OE) Vs Continental PureContact LS
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=299

i wish they could have included the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Elect and Pirelli P7 A/S Plus 3 comparison vs stock. also the very popular Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
there is a recent testing review from tirerack that compares the stock model 3 18inch Michelin Primacy MXM4 T1 (OE) vs Michelin CrossClimate2
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=298

also stock model 3 19 Continental ProContact RX T1 (OE) Vs Continental PureContact LS
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=299

i wish they could have included the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Elect and Pirelli P7 A/S Plus 3 comparison vs stock. also the very popular Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. :)
Dayum. MXM4 got crapped all over except for efficiency and quietness. Which is no surprise, but still, seeing it put to numbers with those braking distance and lap time differences, and compared to a snowflake-rated allseason(!)...wow. CC2 sounds solid for what it is, besides poor efficiency, but you can't have it all in one tire.

The Conti ProContact RX (19" OE) vs Conti PureContact LS comparison is understandably less dramatic. From the comparison the PCLS doesn't provide enough benefit to make up for being notably louder than the PCRX. However I'd rather get something more performance-oriented than either. I'm fine sacrificing some quietness for performance, if it's worthwhile performance.

Yeah would be nice to get the Pirelli EV-focused allseasons in there.

My CrossClimate+ set needed to be replaced so I went with the Pirelli P Zero Plus Elect A/S tires. I was hoping Tire Rack tested these tires before I bought but they haven’t yet.

So far so good, they are definitely quieter. I have noticed that the rubber is hard in colder weather so I can hear the bumps more. Waiting until I hit 500 miles on these tires so they’re broken in and then see how traction is on launches on my stealth PM3.

Eager to see how they perform in snow this winter in NJ.

My CrossClimate+ set needed to be replaced so I went with the Pirelli P Zero Plus Elect A/S tires. I was hoping Tire Rack tested these tires before I bought but they haven’t yet.

So far so good, they are definitely quieter. I have noticed that the rubber is hard in colder weather so I can hear the bumps more.
that would explain why i feel bumpier lately. I wish M3 had suspension options. Next tire will be softer ride

that would explain why i feel bumpier lately. I wish M3 had suspension options. Next tire will be softer ride
right I meant to say I feel hard bumps more, but they’re not as loud. other than that the ride quality is decent. if they perform well in the winter I’ll consider keeping them. I literally have less than 200 miles on the tires so I’m sure they’ll be a little softer once broken in.

if I don’t go with these again then there’s only like 3 EV focused tires working with the Model 3. I enjoyed the soft ride and grippy CrossClimate+ so I would’ve gone with CrossClimate2 but I started taking efficiency and road noise as a factor.

Reactions: vickh
right I meant to say I feel hard bumps more, but they’re not as loud. other than that the ride quality is decent. if they perform well in the winter I’ll consider keeping them. I literally have less than 200 miles on the tires so I’m sure they’ll be a little softer once broken in.

if I don’t go with these again then there’s only like 3 EV focused tires working with the Model 3. I enjoyed the soft ride and grippy CrossClimate+ so I would’ve gone with CrossClimate2 but I started taking efficiency and road noise as a factor.
they need to develop soft ride+ efficiency tire. I can sacrifice road noise by turning up the radio (Click and Clack method!)

So far so good, they are definitely quieter. I have noticed that the rubber is hard in colder weather so I can hear the bumps more. Waiting until I hit 500 miles on these tires so they’re broken in and then see how traction is on launches on my stealth PM3.

Eager to see how they perform in snow this winter in NJ.
not as good as the CrossClimate+ .... which are good in snow and probably overkill for drivers in the South with 2-4 "snow days" per year max.
the Pirelli is a terrific tire but not my first choice for snow driving.

Is there any noticeable efficiency difference between these and your CC+? I. Due for new tires and Pintelli Elecs are on my list

In rainy conditions, if I launched the car my CC+ wouldn’t slip at all. With the Pirelli’s there is a small but noticeable slip at launch when wet. It’s not enough to care about given Tesla’s superior traction control.

My efficiency doesn’t seem good as the CC+. HOWEVER, it is winter so I will have to compare once it’s warm again.

Reactions: Wnuk
I am thinking about buying these for my M3P with the EV01(+) I have on order. Any one run this combo? What kind of efficiency should I expect? I am thinking about these tires because I don’t want to completely compromise on performance but I don’t drive it around like I stole it so would like some efficiency gains.

I am thinking about buying these for my M3P with the EV01(+) I have on order. Any one run this combo? What kind of efficiency should I expect? I am thinking about these tires because I don’t want to completely compromise on performance but I don’t drive it around like I stole it so would like some efficiency gains.
If I knew they'd handle some snow I'd get them and have that exact set up.(tires and EVO1+)

Has anyone seen a comparison between the CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT LS and the PIRELLI P ZERO AS PLUS ELECT?

Need new tires and I'm on the fence between the two, currently about same price
CONTINENTAL PURE CONTACT LS ($253/ea 70k mi warranty)
PIRELLI P ZERO AS PLUS ELECT ($265/ea 50k mi warranty)

So far so good…70 mph down the highway at 50 degrees

Attachments

• F711AD9F-50B1-4876-8F41-C43535C85566.jpeg
    F711AD9F-50B1-4876-8F41-C43535C85566.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 64A68461-EF7B-4A03-A980-11F3C8942610.jpeg
    64A68461-EF7B-4A03-A980-11F3C8942610.jpeg
    848 KB · Views: 163
I get that. But can't always get tires changed before snow. I mean I went through an entire Wisconsin winter with the OEM Primacy tires without much trouble. Was hoping these would be equivalent.
for sure. I don't see why they would be inferior to the MXM4s. the MXM4 is actually a pretty old tire design adapted / modified for EVs. the P Zero is a more modern tire design. Both Michelin and Pirelli are good brands.

Reactions: Dp7-81