Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Prepaid Service and Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the current pricing for the extended warranty is guaranteed? I know with Porsche, the future price of extended warranties is locked at time of purchase. I would rather wait four years to buy it and fork the extra $500, but not if the price can fluctuate further by then. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the current pricing for the extended warranty is guaranteed? I know with Porsche, the future price of extended warranties is locked at time of purchase. I would rather wait four years to buy it and fork the extra $500, but not if the price can fluctuate further by then. Thanks.

Don't know, but I would call Tesla to get a definitive answer.

I ended up buying both prepaid service plan and the extended warranty, btw.

Reactions: Ulmo

I would say no. When the price increased from $2500 to $4000, they did not grandfather anyone in. (They did allow folks to purchase within 30 days of the price change, but after that the new price was in effect)

I wouldn't expect it to fluctuate much higher if at all as it is already one of the most expensive in the industry. If anything perhaps they can keep it the same or offer future more reasonable prices since they are expanding body shop programs, production, getting more and more dependable hardware, etc. $4K is a lot of a +4 insurance program with a $200 per visit fee on top of that. Perhaps they would just increase the per visit amount to $225/250/etc if anything.