Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Tesmat camping mattress for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well two e-mails later, a post on this thread, and a DM here with no reply. I understand this is a small operation but still concerning. If I don't hear anything soon I'll be canceling this order. Unfortunate as this seems like a much better solution than the dreamcase both from a price and convenience factors.
Please keep us posted with developments, positive or negative. It looks like a neat design. My concern is that it’s made up of sections that aren’t attached to one another. Will they move around and separate during the night, creating little canyons in the mattress?

Please keep us posted with developments, positive or negative. It looks like a neat design. My concern is that it’s made up of sections that aren’t attached to one another. Will they move around and separate during the night, creating little canyons in the mattress?

My girlfriend and me are also thinking about purchasing the Tesmat and we have the same concerns regarding the single pieces and if they will move around when lying on them. Will follow this Thread :)

Hi everyone. Tesmat creator checking in.

We got some incredible reviews and feedback from our first batch of TESMATs that were shipped and have been super busy since, making some significant improvements to the product for our second generation TESMAT. Some of these improvements include:
  • the mattress has been simplified to just 3 foldable mats instead of 6 mats
  • the TESMAT carrying case has been made insulated and waterproof so that it can double as a cooler to keep your beverages and snacks cold while you camp
  • the mats are now a black color made of a softer suede-like material
You can learn more about the improvements on tesmat.com

This new version is shipping on 3/10/20 or earlier. A few second generation TESMATs have also already been shipped to early supporters so you should start seeing some video reviews of the product in the near future.

We also launched a new product (Privacy Screen for Model 3) which helps block all the windows from the sun and people peering in while you are camping

Let me know if I can answer any questions or concerns!

We got some incredible reviews and feedback from our first batch of TESMATs that were shipped and have been super busy since, making some significant improvements to the product for our second generation TESMAT. Some of these improvements include:
  • the TESMAT carrying case has been made insulated and waterproof so that it can double as a cooler to keep your beverages and snacks cold while you camp

This new version is shipping on 3/10/20 or earlier. A few second generation TESMATs have also already been shipped to early supporters so you should start seeing some video reviews of the product in the near future.

We also launched a new product (Privacy Screen for Model 3) which helps block all the windows from the sun and people peering in while you are camping

To everyone else - I have opted for the newer version. Can't wait to get it @djgeorgevas !

Hey guys, I’m new to posting on the forums (usually just lurk) but I’m the creator of Tesmat. If you guys have any questions, let me know. Would love to answer them.

FYI we’re running a little ahead of schedule on the production and hoping to begin shipping before the end of the month!
You have some interesting products! I already have a mat for sleeping in my 3, but I was very interested in your privacy screen. I'm the kind of guy that loves to sleep in and hates being blinded by the sun first thing in the morning (must be the programmer side of me). This product certainly appeals! I especially like how you guys left the roof uncovered so you can still stargaze and get some (filtered) natural light in. My biggest concern with the setup would be how robust are the suction cup attachments at the rear? Have you tested it out for extended periods of time, such as a full day or two of camping? I'm in Canada so the shipping is no doubt expensive, but I am very interested!

This is GENIUS! You wouldn't believe what I rigged on my own to accomplish what this product does. And it won't interfere with my existing sun shades on the glass roof and partial rear glass. Nice.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
My biggest concern with the setup would be how robust are the suction cup attachments at the rear? Have you tested it out for extended periods of time, such as a full day or two of camping?
I've definitely tested this extensively and the suction cups will stay attached indefinitely. I've had some suction cups stuck to my glass roof for a few months now while I was working on the product design LOL. Just make sure the glass is clean before attaching the suction cups and they should stay stuck until you want to remove them. The fabric is also super light so there is not much downwards force on them. To remove them, there is a little tab on the suction cup itself that you are supposed to pull.
I'm in Canada so the shipping is no doubt expensive, but I am very interested!
USPS shipping should be ~$15 USD to Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy7 and Dr. J
I've definitely tested this extensively and the suction cups will stay attached indefinitely. I've had some suction cups stuck to my glass roof for a few months now while I was working on the product design LOL. Just make sure the glass is clean before attaching the suction cups and they should stay stuck until you want to remove them. The fabric is also super light so there is not much downwards force on them. To remove them, there is a little tab on the suction cup itself that you are supposed to pull.

USPS shipping should be ~$15 USD to Canada.
Thanks for the info, I'll place an order soon!

Are there no bed sheets for 2nd generation? I know they were free if order before certain day but I still want them if possible for extra cost.

Hey Guys, I am taking delivery of my M3 soon and saw this and am really interested. Particularly that you could save money on a hotel by staying in your car with this instead. My question is though: Are you allowed to just park your car anywhere to sleep? If I were taking a trip to the beach per say, where would you actually be allowed to park your car to stay overnight?

Hey Guys, I am taking delivery of my M3 soon and saw this and am really interested. Particularly that you could save money on a hotel by staying in your car with this instead. My question is though: Are you allowed to just park your car anywhere to sleep? If I were taking a trip to the beach per say, where would you actually be allowed to park your car to stay overnight?
This varies widely from location to location. The rules are different as well as enforcement. I've spent many a night sleeping in my M3 in a box store parking lot hooked up to a level 2 charger. You get to wake up with a full battery and stay comfortable the whole night with camping mode. Technically it's probably against loitering laws in many regions of the world. I find nobody really expects a Tesla owner to be squatting, so I've never been woken up or bothered over it... yet!

This varies widely from location to location. The rules are different as well as enforcement. I've spent many a night sleeping in my M3 in a box store parking lot hooked up to a level 2 charger. You get to wake up with a full battery and stay comfortable the whole night with camping mode. Technically it's probably against loitering laws in many regions of the world. I find nobody really expects a Tesla owner to be squatting, so I've never been woken up or bothered over it... yet!
Thanks so much! Definitely will keep this in mind

Off-topic, but I'm curious: Did you actually receive this? I ordered a few weeks ago, credit card was charged, but still hasn't shipped. I thought maybe they haven't started shipping them yet.
They haven't shipped out yet, but coming in March I think. I know for sure it'll beat my old method of sticking towels in the windows. Way more of a pain to set those up!