TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thoughts on these after market wheels / tires

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by mnx, Jan 18, 2013.

1. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

So I've been trying to decide what to do for a set of winter wheels. I came across these which appear to have the correct specs (except for centrebore which can be adapted using a centering ring). They're roughly the same price as the Tesla 19's but are 6.5lbs lighter and come in black. :)

19 Inch VMR VB3 - Matte Black Wheels - Wheel Size Price Details - 1010tires.com

Any thoughts on these? One of the possible issues I can think of is whether the bolts that come with these are going to hold up against the torque spec... (125 ftlbs)

Also, has anyone found aftermarket wheels that have a 64mm centerbore? I can't seem to find anything... (It appears Honda has a 64.1mm CB but uses a 5x114.3 bolt pattern...)

I'm looking at getting a set of these as well: (Hankook Winter i-cept evo) Consumer Reports seemed to like them, rated similarly as the Nokian WRg2's, Hakka R's and Michelin Pilot PA3's.
    Hankook Winter i-cept evo (1012603)

Any thoughts on the above rims or tires is much appreciated.

2. Nikoli

Nikoli Member

Didn't see where they're made listed. If made in china I would pass on them. Other than that they look sweet.

3. htsai14752

htsai14752 Member

These wheels are very popular in the BMW community. I was thinking about getting 20x9 +35 VMR CSL or the V710

4. tdiggity

tdiggity Member