Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on this red 2014 S85 CPO for $31900?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drizzt

Apr 17, 2019
For the past few weeks, I've scoured over the Tesla's CPO listing for my wife's dream car. I've been limiting my choices to just her preferred colors(and much better resale value): red, black, white, and the new deep blue metallic and options such as UHSF and Sunroof. AWD, 4-year 50k warranty, or AP later than 1.0 were all features that I would have liked to have but those features would have added 10-15k to the cost. I avoided 2013 versions as I heard bad things about the battery of that model year.

So weeks went by and I still haven't been able to find an S85 with UHSF and Sunroof in any of the 4 colors I wanted. I read more about the UHSF and it seems like UHSF has been quite a disappointment at least in the MS. Today, I decided to pull the trigger on this 2014 Model S85 with 72552 mileage in red multi-coat paint for $31900:

Tesla Info: 2014 MS 85 listed at $31900

The warranty is only 2-year 100000-mile maximum warranty, but anything with 4-year 50k would cost in the 40+k range.

The high resolution photos are here: 2014 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1H17EFP33650 | False, Fa | Tesla

Please let me know what your thoughts are. Any input is welcomed.

Thanks.

Hello there, your sign in name reminded me of a long forgotten realm. ;)

When I was looking for a car that met my specs I saw quite a few options in the mid 30k price range with a lot less mileage (less than 50k). But I think that as long as you are happy with the options you are getting, the price is a good deal especially if the warranty is still in effect anyway.

Congrats and enjoy when you get it!