Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thread of all hub-centric aftermarket wheels for the Tesla Model 3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
I'm in the market for 19" rims for my dual motor (non P) Model 3.

I detest the use of hub centering rings as I've had problems with them every time I've used them whether it was a vibration problem, difficulty when swapping wheels (have to chisel off hub ring), etc.

The only aftermarket wheels I know for sure are hub-centric "from the factory" are the tsportline ones.

It would be good if people could help post other specific model wheels that are hubcentric and fit the Model 3 hubs properly without the use of spacers.

These wheels don't require hub rings. Made to fit either non-performance and performance Model 3's. Available in 20".
32534926037_63531d956a_k.jpg
33600297238_d2dd1b092a_k.jpg
32534923697_12bdf811f7_k.jpg
33600295408_93b2a78904_k.jpg
40138840863_a008aee284_o.jpg
47103501121_cff285e613_o.jpg
46379861024_ba8515034d_o.jpg

There are also VS Forged wheels - VS Forged - that are available for similar price and are available in 20".

However, I wonder if I'd be OK for street driving my P3D+ on summer tires with flow forged wheels that nowadays supposedly are just about 3 lb heavier each compared to VS forged and are about $1K cheaper for a set of 4.

Would for example RF SERIES – Vertini Wheels or SF SERIES – Stance Wheels (founders of VS Forged as I understand) work reliably or would I have to worry too much about damaging them under Model 3 weight?
I am not convinced that lower end forged wheels such as VS Forged are immune to damage either.
One thing with flow forged wheels of the above brands is that they are very limited in 20x8.5 but I could go up to 20x9 if needed.

At this point I am a bit lost about what the most reliable aftermarket brands for 20" wheels for Model 3 are. I used Enkei on my previous car and they held well but Enkei don't seem to make 20".

I was also looking at some wheels that require the hub centric rings and wonder if any members used them and would share their experiences.

I have used them on two cars, both Audis and in both cases I had minor vibrations that showed up at certain highway speeds. Additionally removing the hub rings when doing a wheel swap was a bit of a PITA. Depending on how much the hub ring affects the offset you also might need to use longer bolts when using them or not have enough thread engagement from the bolts to get the bolts torqued properly without risk of damaging the hub studs.

Like I said initially I know that millions of people use them and have zero issue with them, but I would much rather have a factory fit for wheels I'm going to spend a ton of money on.

There are also VS Forged wheels - VS Forged - that are available for similar price and are available in 20".

However, I wonder if I'd be OK for street driving my P3D+ on summer tires with flow forged wheels that nowadays supposedly are just about 3 lb heavier each compared to VS forged and are about $1K cheaper for a set of 4.

Would for example RF SERIES – Vertini Wheels or SF SERIES – Stance Wheels (founders of VS Forged as I understand) work reliably or would I have to worry too much about damaging them under Model 3 weight?
I am not convinced that lower end forged wheels such as VS Forged are immune to damage either.
One thing with flow forged wheels of the above brands is that they are very limited in 20x8.5 but I could go up to 20x9 if needed.

At this point I am a bit lost about what the most reliable aftermarket brands for 20" wheels for Model 3 are. I used Enkei on my previous car and they held well but Enkei don't seem to make 20".

That's good info. My ride is harsh enough with 18"s that there's just no way I would go to 20's. I'm even considering whether 19" will be a mistake based on my daily commute over complete *sugar* roads.

That's good info. My ride is harsh enough with 18"s that there's just no way I would go to 20's. I'm even considering whether 19" will be a mistake based on my daily commute over complete *sugar* roads.
I changed the tires on my stock 19" sport wheels and with the new tire my ride is better than the stock aero wheel/tire set I had run for 10 days while my wheels were being powder coated, I did change the size to a larger tire, Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 in 255/40/19

My ride is harsh enough with 18"s that there's just no way I would go to 20's.
Coming from a stiffer suspension I am happy with my ride with 20" :)
I of course worry about potholes more but the side wall height difference between 19" and 20" tires is not that big. Going down to 18" would of course make difference but then I would need to discard 20" tires that came with the car.

I changed the tires on my stock 19" sport wheels and with the new tire my ride is better than the stock aero wheel/tire set I had run for 10 days while my wheels were being powder coated, I did change the size to a larger tire, Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 in 255/40/19

Definitely tire choice is a big component too, and my understanding is that the Michelin Pilot 4S is one of the better ones in this regard... but if I could get something less expensive that had minimal harshness that would also be an option.

Reactions: gilscales