TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thread preview bubble

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by kevincwelch, Dec 2, 2012.

?

Should thread previews be disabled?

1. Yes, I find them annoying.

47.6%
  2. No, I find them useful.

28.6%
  3. Don't care either way.

23.8%
  1. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Tablet panning and zooming.

2. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

The behavior I see in both Firefox and Safari on a Mac is that hovering the cursor anywhere over a particular row in the thread list displays the thread info.

From looking at the page source, guessing that some browsers are using the "title" value from the <li> element similar to the alt text value for a link.

ForumAltBubbles.jpg

3. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

The poll bubbles were glitching when I voted. It came out "I dislike" when rather it is the opposite. I quite like them.

4. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Uhm... Sorry, there is no option to do this. It's hard coded in the HTML it seems and none of the big browsers have an option to disable it... However, once they do pop up inconveniently you can press Ctrl or Shift and they will disappear...

5. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

They come up for me because I use the pageup/down/arrow/spacebar keys to scroll around, leaving the mouse cursor in an area that can trigger them. Also scrolling using the touchpad and various other methods which don't move the mouse cursor.