Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thread spamming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have asked you not to put posts in threads for the purpose of pointing people to your event. You have it in your signature, that's enough.

just for a minute, think what this forum would look like if everyone was putting links in threads saying 'hey look at my other thread!'

we are trying our best to apply the same rules to everyone.

We have asked you not to put posts in threads for the purpose of pointing people to your event. You have it in your signature, that's enough.

just for a minute, think what this forum would look like if everyone was putting links in threads saying 'hey look at my other thread!'

we are trying our best to apply the same rules to everyone.

I think we should put my own agenda aside first.

I tend to look at it from the aspect of whether my post add anything meaningful to this thread 'Teslanair". My answer is yes.

Now yes there is a selfish motive behinds it and it happens that I have in a signature. Still I consider the CONTENT of my post adds value to the discussion. If you think it is wrong, do you mind categorizing it, is it spamming? Ads?

There might be an issue in the signature and I do want to use it fairly. I try not to take the most space, or use the longest text. But I am listening if there is a complain. Again I do this for the merit of adding context to save a lot of repeat posting, to the effect of avoiding 'spamming'. When I jump into a debate, I want people to know where I come from and what my position is. Consider the signature are my badges.

Last edited:
And I'm sure that the next time I'm pulled over for speeding in my Roadster, it will work when I say to the officer, 'let's look at it from the aspect of if I'm causing any safety issue'.

Yeah, that's not going to work either. Please respect the fact that the mods have a reason for asking that people not do this. You may think your reasons are more special than others, but trust me, everyone thinks their reasons are valid.

I'll move this entire conversation over to off-topic area.

Actually, I moved it... and the follow up... and will continue to move anything similar that is posted.

And you think that is the right way to resolve this type of issue?

- - - Updated - - -

But then you posted
See my Signature

I hope you can see why it was moved.

I really can't. I am not convinced, even I am up against 3 mods.
With your advice, your pointing out what actually is the problem, I will try again to comply to the rule and see where my post will land.

Yeah I try to comply to the rule by pointing to the signature, not adding a link. Now it get moved again. I can only laugh.. oh well...

Give the mods a break - this is not a technicality - Bonny didn't take issue with the way you did it. The mods don't want cross-promotion because it causes noise, so don't try and "work around" it somewhat - just respect the rule.

PS: We all still like you Kevin :).

ha.. I am not interested in adding fuel to the fire (might be doing that by posting it..sorry mod) but when I reply to this guy post (some SA article) while back he resorted to personal attack.

I am many times in read only mode and encounter his celebration thread self promotion one way or the other many times.

So many people make tons of money on daily basis in stock market and they are multi millionaires (know few individuals) but again he might be naive :wink:

"Hey, see my thread about somethingimtryingtoadvertise.com"

Kevin, if you don't see why people don't like this you must be new to the internet. ;)

Brainman, well I found 2 internet ventures so I think I know what I am talking about.

The weakness in your analogy is you don't take into account the content. If the content is genuinely relate to the topic, I don't see a problem. Whether it is my self promotion or to someone else' benefit, it is a moot point. The key is the whether the content itself is relevant. I am asking whoever makes it a Teslanair to check out the Q2 celebration, it is relevant.

The more you want to drag on this, the more show how you just stay on the surface and not looking at the root issue.

- - - Updated - - -

ha.. I am not interested in adding fuel to the fire (might be doing that by posting it..sorry mod) but when I reply to this guy post (some SA article) while back he resorted to personal attack.

I am many times in read only mode and encounter his celebration thread self promotion one way or the other many times.

So many people make tons of money on daily basis in stock market and they are multi millionaires (know few individuals) but again he might be naive :wink:

Are you the same guy whose many post get moved to junk thread? this one smells the same.

kevin - in a pm, you told me you wanted to hear what other people thought, since you disagreed with the mods. I see three people (not mods) have responded. (Not prompted by the mods!)

Why are you still arguing about it? Seriously, give it a rest. The decision was made. It's over. Done. Finished.

I am asking whoever makes it a Teslanair to check out the Q2 celebration, it is relevant.
And that's different from an EV-friendly politician (who happens to be a forum member) spamming the same thread with a link to a campaign fund website how?

- - - Updated - - -

Brainman, well I found 2 internet ventures so I think I know what I am talking about.
Then you should know exactly why the pattern of behavior was found troubling by the mods and was treated as it was. If you don't then I'm honestly incredibly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.