Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thread Tracking Model X Configuration Ramp (Delivery Ramp to follow)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the great feedback. Disclaimers are surely in order at the very least. I may separate the topic and have the tracker graph of orders/deliveries off to themselves. Also got the legend up. Here's the most recent as of this morning.

I think it would also be helpful for the config popularity reports to show the percentages out of the people you have gotten an answer from. So just list the number of undecided/not chosen people, and then make all of the other options a percentage of the remaining total. For example you have paint options for 149 people. 42 of those chose Sig Red which you have listed as 5.6%, but really 28% of people who have made their selections (that you have data on). Then as you get more data in, the totals increase. I think you have to look at the fact that you aren't going to get anywhere near 100% participation on your site, but even the 20% of signatures you have gotten so far is a great sample size and it makes the percentages pretty accurate. But 5.6% choosing Sig Red really means nothing unless you really did have everyone participating.

I think it would also be helpful for the config popularity reports to show the percentages out of the people you have gotten an answer from. So just list the number of undecided/not chosen people, and then make all of the other options a percentage of the remaining total. For example you have paint options for 149 people. 42 of those chose Sig Red which you have listed as 5.6%, but really 28% of people who have made their selections (that you have data on). Then as you get more data in, the totals increase. I think you have to look at the fact that you aren't going to get anywhere near 100% participation on your site, but even the 20% of signatures you have gotten so far is a great sample size and it makes the percentages pretty accurate. But 5.6% choosing Sig Red really means nothing unless you really did have everyone participating.
Perhaps a filter to include/exclude the undecided numbers?

is anyone tracking ven numbers as they are released? It would be nice to know how many are being released a day or week?
Yes, we are and will soon have some reports relating to production and delivery that this will be included on. Since users are beginning to update the tracker themselves with this data, here's what we have so far as of now.

Min VINMax VINRecordsAssigned
000670006712015-10-14
000150001512015-10-19
001310017132015-10-20
000060014432015-10-21
I'll wait a day or until the weekend before updating the dashboard items.

Cheers,
Paul

Yes, we are and will soon have some reports relating to production and delivery that this will be included on. Since users are beginning to update the tracker themselves with this data, here's what we have so far as of now.

Min VINMax VINRecordsAssigned
000670006712015-10-14
000150001512015-10-19
001310017132015-10-20
000060014432015-10-21
I'll wait a day or until the weekend before updating the dashboard items.

Cheers,
Paul

My Winged Lion got a VIN ..244 :biggrin:

ugh...I am soooooo sorry for releasing the info that I had with my DS. Apparently it caused a huge influx of calls and concerns to DS across the country and my DS to get into hot water from Tesla.

I was hoping to just update the forum and give good news that production looked like it was ramping up, not to spur crazy calls to Tesla.

Formal apologies to my DS.
No more updates from me until I get delivery.

:(

This is why we can't have nice things.

ugh...I am soooooo sorry for releasing the info that I had with my DS. Apparently it caused a huge influx of calls and concerns to DS across the country and my DS to get into hot water from Tesla.

I was hoping to just update the forum and give good news that production looked like it was ramping up, not to spur crazy calls to Tesla.

I am sorry your DS is apparently in trouble, but Tesla management has no one to blame but themselves for this mess. From the absurd design decisions to the constant delays and lack of communication... this is entirely the fault of the people at the top. They can let loose the lawyers on Eds, but you can't kill a ghost.

I am sorry your DS is apparently in trouble, but Tesla management has no one to blame but themselves for this mess. From the absurd design decisions to the constant delays and lack of communication... this is entirely the fault of the people at the top. They can let loose the lawyers on Eds, but you can't kill a ghost.

Definitely management's fault and not the DS. I feel for anyone at the Tesla who has to deal with the public. Being an X res holder has given me the worst feeling as a (potential) customer ever. The car "launched" (what a joke) a month ago, and they make you feel like a jerk for asking basic questions about the specs. They still have not updated me on the delivery estimate of "early 2016" when my reservation (# 14,XXX) was made. It is obvious that it will be late 2016 or maybe 2017 at this point and THEY KNOW IT. We are not just the general public, we put deposits down... common courtesy?

Definitely management's fault and not the DS. I feel for anyone at the Tesla who has to deal with the public. Being an X res holder has given me the worst feeling as a (potential) customer ever. The car "launched" (what a joke) a month ago, and they make you feel like a jerk for asking basic questions about the specs. They still have not updated me on the delivery estimate of "early 2016" when my reservation (# 14,XXX) was made. It is obvious that it will be late 2016 or maybe 2017 at this point and THEY KNOW IT. We are not just the general public, we put deposits down... common courtesy?
Are you serious when you say late 2016/2017 for RN 14,XXX. I am 16,9XX and I am sincerely hoping for a min-2016 delivery! :crying:

It's easy to be pessimistic when the timeline towards deliveries seems to be stalled. However, there is much reason to remain optimistic that Model X will be delivered in high numbers in 2016. The assembly line is ready to go, the robots are programmed, and the staff is trained. The only hold up right now is getting parts and then making sure the early units off the line are of utmost quality.

It was established in the last conference call that the ramp up won't start until late Q4 (i.e. December), and the target production rate by the end of the quarter is 800/week. We should get an update on this plan this Tuesday. The worst case is it slips into Q1 2016, but it's not going to slip by much since too many of the pieces are already in place. Whatever happens, they will be delivering several thousand units a month by spring and will work their way through the current backlog well before the end of 2016.

It's easy to be pessimistic when the timeline towards deliveries seems to be stalled. However, there is much reason to remain optimistic that Model X will be delivered in high numbers in 2016. The assembly line is ready to go, the robots are programmed, and the staff is trained. The only hold up right now is getting parts and then making sure the early units off the line are of utmost quality.

It was established in the last conference call that the ramp up won't start until late Q4 (i.e. December), and the target production rate by the end of the quarter is 800/week. We should get an update on this plan this Tuesday. The worst case is it slips into Q1 2016, but it's not going to slip by much since too many of the pieces are already in place. Whatever happens, they will be delivering several thousand units a month by spring and will work their way through the current backlog well before the end of 2016.

Yep. Ramp was always scheduled to start in LATE Q4. We have no reason to think won't. Some VINs have already been assigned and I'm sure they'll be more assigned in the coming weeks