Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Threads reloading endlessly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last few days I have been experiencing a weird problem with these forums. When I load up a thread, the thread loads up over and over again as if it is a new page. After a short time I have nothing but a huge list of the same thread page over and over again in my history. In just the time it took me to type this, the whole history on my 'back' button has filled up with copies of just this page. Earlier, I loaded up a thread and then went away from the computer for a few minutes - less than 5. When I came back the list of 'previous' pages, by which I mean the same page over and over, was so long that even backing up as far as the browser would go - dozens of pages - could not back me out far enough to back out of the thread. Every page in the history was the same thread page.

I am using Firefox on Windows 10. Have any of you had this problem? The reload is almost instant so it's not really noticeable on viewing, aside from the near-constant loading icon as the page loads again and again.

I have attached an image as example.
Fullscreen capture 5232017 42608 PM.bmp.jpg

I assume from the silence that no one else is having this problem. At my end it's only getting worse. The forum listings are starting to do it before I even get into a thread, and when I do load a thread I only get through about 5 comments before it's reloaded so many times that I can't back up anymore and I have to close the browser window and start over.

This has been happening to me sporadicly, and its extremely frustrating as it eventually will crash the browser. It seems to be one of the ads on TMC that is doing it, as it doesn't always happen.

Hmm... if it's a bad ad, can you figure out which one it is. If so, I can nix it from Google Adsense.

We only have one ad at the top and one at the bottom of the page on the forum, which are necessary for this place to be sustainable.

Another thing to try is a hard refresh (Cntrl-Shift-R on Chrome) and see if that helps any.