Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three brand new Tesla Roadsters have been found sitting in container for over a decade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslarati has an update on this story noting that the owner wants to sell all 3 as a batch and bids are coming in. The highest noted is $225K. Does anybody else think that 3 undriven, mint roadsters should fetch way more than that? We should crowdfund these and put 'em away for another 20 years. They're already three-of-a-kind. I'm thinking these will be nearly priceless.

Teslarati has an update on this story noting that the owner wants to sell all 3 as a batch and bids are coming in. The highest noted is $225K. Does anybody else think that 3 undriven, mint roadsters should fetch way more than that? We should crowdfund these and put 'em away for another 20 years. They're already three-of-a-kind. I'm thinking these will be nearly priceless.
There’s a good chance that you’ll need to be $90k into three damn near non existent 3.0 packs, to drive them.

Potentially the value is there, assuming you can get tesla to do the upgrades. But the simple fact that Gruber is spearheading this tells everyone in the know that this will turn out horribly. Absolutely horribly.

Maybe some of the cars will end up with parts from their other cars, maybe they won’t. Maybe the cars will vanish in a cloud of smoke and water from the (soon to be) 3rd fire department visit.

There’s a good chance that you’ll need to be $90k into three damn near non existent 3.0 packs, to drive them.

Potentially the value is there, assuming you can get tesla to do the upgrades. But the simple fact that Gruber is spearheading this tells everyone in the know that this will turn out horribly. Absolutely horribly.

Maybe some of the cars will end up with parts from their other cars, maybe they won’t. Maybe the cars will vanish in a cloud of smoke and water from the (soon to be) 3rd fire department visit.
I wouldn't want to drive them. I'd want to preserve them. Obviously, if they're damaged that calculus would change substantially.

I wouldn't want to drive them. I'd want to preserve them. Obviously, if they're damaged that calculus would change substantially.
interesting take.

They aren't special versions, I'd figure the VP/Sig ones to be more worthy of preserving.

Much like a working Tzero would be...but...again... GRUBER 🔥.
Or the prototype E(v)lise, which thankfully is being worked on by a qualified team.

Reactions: erericic
interesting take.

They aren't special versions, I'd figure the VP/Sig ones to be more worthy of preserving.

Much like a working Tzero would be...but...again... GRUBER 🔥.
Or the prototype E(v)lise, which thankfully is being worked on by a qualified team.
I suspect they're the only vehicles of the kind with essentially 0 miles. Regardless of version that would be unique.

This is a nice social media stunt but bidders beware!
These roadsters will have miles on them. Post manufacturing testing would add dozens of miles and possible hundreds depending on travel to port and loading.

I assume China did not allow entry then and now; hence, it’s offed and willing to be moved back to US. I’ve only known one used roadster to be gray marketed to china via Hong Kong and it’s out of public eyes.

Surprisingly, from Hagerty article, the storage fee of $9/day x 10yrs per car seems reasonable😅

Current bid of 750k for all three should keep the medias on this story. This coverage is good news for us owners!