Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three chimes when exiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried searching a bunch on the forum, but have been coming up empty handed. I'm hoping this is something that's been figured out by the crowd here since I'm at a loss.

Over the past few days I've parked the car a few times and as soon as I open the door and get out of the seat, I get three slow chime sounds and the parking lights flash. No messages on either display, just the chimes and the flash. Any idea what the car is trying to tell me?

We have the technology today ..Tesla could do a lot better than simple "chimes" about issues.

How about having the car actually say something over the speakers if something is the matter... "Car not Parked." "Your lights are ajar." "Driver is overweight."

Years (and years) ago my uncle bought a new Cadillac. It would verbally voice in either male or female things like "The Door is Ajar". The little kids thought it was hilarious. That's about all it was worth. I wonder if Caddy still has this feature.

Reactions: jimmyz80
Thanks. Now I'll forever be self-conscious about the Tesla checking out my pants when I get out.

Or maybe this is an AP2-only thing?

No, it is not. Same here with AP1

It is funny that the car knows /about/ if I am going to make it to the next SC and asks me to slow down if charge is running low but doesn't tell anything about why it chimes on exit