Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three weeks and my biggest disapointment in the Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@goodytx. Have you tried to drive a different M3?

We drove a 9xxx (Mine is 18xxx) but as luck would have it, pavement is smooth like a soft blanket all around the svc center.

Re: the grandma quote, I don't think I'm in that camp else I would have bought a Buick :). If ultimately I verify that this is just as good as they get (ie as designed), I'll either live with it or move on. No intent to disparage the brand, company, or any owner opinions; to each their own. I'm more concerned that it is in fact not standard or an unsolved issue for some people, that isn't being recognized (again just in some cases). If it ain't, so be it. :) A car is a personal experience, and just happy we have places to reach out to others to ask about such things.

Thanks for all feedback and replies!

I always think it's interesting when people have completely opposite perceptions of the same experience. Some people think the 3 has a nice soft ride, others think it's rough. I'd wager a lot of it comes down to what you've been driving recently. I have 80,000 miles on my 2006 Evo, which has the harshest ride of anything I've ever driven, so I'm assuming my P3 won't bother me at all.

Reactions: goodytx and DR61
Good point, mine are at 45. I will give 42 a try.

Mine are at 45psi as well, on 18" Aeros. Ride is just fine, but not luxury-sedan style, more 2-door sports coupe style -- and roads where I live are often pretty rough (Hawaii outer island, many roads are patchworks of repairs, with sunken areas). Taking it on dirt/gravel roads was definitely not enjoyable, though ;-)
Lowering tire pressure does make a big difference, but it both softens the ride and makes the car a bit less responsive on curvy roads at speed -- so I'd suggest you consider varying the pressure according to the use.