TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thrilled new M3 Owner!

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by CyranoBleu, Dec 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

After several years of waiting, I took delivery of my brand new Tesla today... a 2020 SR+ M3... around 5pm here in LA. Loving it already! Much smoother ride than I expected. My test drive weeks ago wasn’t sufficient for me to get a great feel for the ride. I’ve always had BMW 5-Series. I wouldn’t say that it is on that level, but it’s not far off. It handles more like an 3-Series. Great at handling curves. Also, the regenerative braking sets it over the edge for me.:. I love it the one pedal driving!

It seems Tesla fixed much of the noise issues I’ve seen complaints about for highway driving. My highway ride was quiet as one could expect an electric car to be. Much quieter than an engine.

Srill have to play around with the display for a while and see how it all works. It seems pretty intuitive overall though.

if anyone has any “must-have” accessories you think I should check out, please share links! Also, any must-have apps. Thx!

I’m planning to fully outfit the car next week!

Wanted to share the joy here, especially since folks have been so helpful. Happy New Year and New Decade to all!

• Like x 11
    • Love x 4
  2. boriszima

boriszima Member

I bought wireless charging pad for my iPhone. There are couple of threads here that have lists of items to consider such as floor mats, screen protector, 3D printed cup holders, mud guards. Enjoy and have fun.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Some images from today

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. Vaillant

Vaillant Member

This was a fun upgrade! Not sure if it’s a “must have”, though.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. Type 5

Type 5 Member

Congratulations! And you made it in under the Federal Wire!
    I'm pretty sure you are going to continue to be thrilled!
    Happy New Year!

6. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

I love that! I was looking at some of those puddle lights. Where’d you get yours?

7. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Thx! I was considering all of those items. Just need to hunt for the best price/quality.

I also want paint protection film for the front end and a center console wrap (maybe carbon fiber). Ive seen several owners do the chrome delete. I like chrome though, especially on the door handles. When did chrome become less attractive?!? Haha

I’ll browse the threads. Looking for the best vendors in terms of quality and price.

8. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Yes indeed! Thank you!!

• Like x 1
  9. Vaillant

Vaillant Member

I bought them on Amazon. Lots of different brands are available, but when you look closely, most look the exact same, so they probably all come from the same factory in China. I had to tweak them a bit to fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07NXF1QJF/ref=cm_cr_srp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

10. coolmanfever

coolmanfever Member

looks good. Congrat man. Enjoy your new ride!!

11. DrtyJrze

DrtyJrze Member

Congrats!

Only accessory I would immediately recommend is a screen protector. Trunk/frunk/car all weather mats second.

12. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

I see you picked up in Burbank. I recognize the lady giving the orientation. Congrats and enjoy your new car.

13. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Yep! Great experience

14. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Thanks. How was your installation process? The reviews are not so good, and it all seems to be focused n the installation process and how it doesn't fit properly, plus removal is difficult and ends up with pieces lodged.

15. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Thanks much!

16. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Which screen protector did you go with? I've been advised to definitely go for high quality on this one.

I'm in Los Angeles, so weather will never be a problem for me in terms of snow. I don't go skiing or anything like that.
    But, I do want to get good mats for normal dirt/rain/mud. Happy to check out any of your suggestions. Just doing research now.

17. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Active Member

Is that the Burbank store?

18. CyranoBleu

CyranoBleu Member

Yes indeed!

19. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Active Member

Cool place. Ralphs supermarket on one side, Ikea on the other. Tesla will be opening a new sales location about a quarter mile up the street. Maybe they will get the furnishings from Ikea. LOL I can just see the staffers kneeling on the concrete floor with furniture parts spread all over.

• Like x 1
  20. DrtyJrze

DrtyJrze Member

[Version 2] Tesla Model 3... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078W5RBYB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

You probably don’t need car mats if you don’t have kids and aren’t doing anything crazy. But the trunk mat may be useful and the frunk comes bare. I went with the max spider 3D ones that a lot of people get.

• Like x 1