Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thrilled new M3 Owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I've gotten:
- Console wrap: The brushed metal from Abstract Ocean looks great but that is very much a matter of taste
- Screen protector: Abstract Ocean's Gen 3 HD Clear is pricy but I'm really happy with the results.
- Samsung Evo 860 SSD: For dashcam and sentry mode. Again, a little pricy but I figure there will be a lot of writes to it over the next few years and I don't want a thumbdrive to burn out at the wrong moment. I think you can also partition it if you want to use it for music files as well.
- Center tray organizer: For the cavern between the cupholder and the phone holder thingy. Lots of them out there for pretty cheap. Mostly got it to hold my sunglasses.
- I've got the Tesla all weather trunk and frunk liners ordered for delivery tomorrow. I tend to use my trunk for a lot of random stuff and I figure this will help save the fabric. I'm not doing it for the cabin since I don't like the look of them.
- I also got the USB splitter that another member of the forum started making to allow my phone charger and SSD to run off the same USB port and still keep the other one free. Not necessary at all, but relatively cheap and I know I've got the ability to use the other one if needed for a controller or music files.
- I'm considering the upgraded trunk lights, but haven't used the trunk enough yet to know whether I think that is necessary for me.

What I've gotten:
- Console wrap: The brushed metal from Abstract Ocean looks great but that is very much a matter of taste
- Screen protector: Abstract Ocean's Gen 3 HD Clear is pricy but I'm really happy with the results.
- Samsung Evo 860 SSD: For dashcam and sentry mode. Again, a little pricy but I figure there will be a lot of writes to it over the next few years and I don't want a thumbdrive to burn out at the wrong moment. I think you can also partition it if you want to use it for music files as well.
- Center tray organizer: For the cavern between the cupholder and the phone holder thingy. Lots of them out there for pretty cheap. Mostly got it to hold my sunglasses.
- I've got the Tesla all weather trunk and frunk liners ordered for delivery tomorrow. I tend to use my trunk for a lot of random stuff and I figure this will help save the fabric. I'm not doing it for the cabin since I don't like the look of them.
- I also got the USB splitter that another member of the forum started making to allow my phone charger and SSD to run off the same USB port and still keep the other one free. Not necessary at all, but relatively cheap and I know I've got the ability to use the other one if needed for a controller or music files.
- I'm considering the upgraded trunk lights, but haven't used the trunk enough yet to know whether I think that is necessary for me.
Super helpful to read. I've been looking at the abstract ocean products... just put the 5H matte protector in my cart... little cheaper than the glass one. Trying to find some reasonable cost-cutting opportunities.

Good idea on the SSD. Might go for that one. Seems like a thumb drive would need to be cleared for space often, no?

I got the Novak splitter that a member here created... allows truly fast charging while also splitting out for the data port.
Thinking of getting puddle lights... i like the look :)

Have you done any interior or exterior wraps?

Super helpful to read. I've been looking at the abstract ocean products... just put the 5H matte protector in my cart... little cheaper than the glass one. Trying to find some reasonable cost-cutting opportunities.

Good idea on the SSD. Might go for that one. Seems like a thumb drive would need to be cleared for space often, no?

I got the Novak splitter that a member here created... allows truly fast charging while also splitting out for the data port.
Thinking of getting puddle lights... i like the look :)

Have you done any interior or exterior wraps?
Just the console wrap. I can't quite justify the cost of an exterior wrap though I may regret that later. One thing I forgot to add to my list was the lug nut and center caps for the wheels under the 18" aero caps. I think the wheels look much better without them.

527A3A77-CAD0-4928-9A48-A416BBE7ED25.jpeg A64B1B14-7D2B-4D75-823E-2AF6BDB4B2E4.jpeg 8CA4CAA3-7E6B-454F-8985-964B3A741744.jpeg
Thanks. How was your installation process? The reviews are not so good, and it all seems to be focused n the installation process and how it doesn't fit properly, plus removal is difficult and ends up with pieces lodged.

So, the problem is that there’s a small black tab which holds the image disk that gets in the way. The key is to pull the thing apart and rotate the lens assembly 90 degrees so it’s no longer sticking out. After that, it pops right in. If you don’t do that, it won’t go in.

Here are some pics to show you what I mean. I circled in red the problem area.

Just the console wrap. I can't quite justify the cost of an exterior wrap though I may regret that later. One thing I forgot to add to my list was the lug nut and center caps for the wheels under the 18" aero caps. I think the wheels look much better without them.
Oh definitely regarding the wheels without the Aero caps. Look much better without. I'll eventually take them off and get the center cap.

Did you go with something like this: Model 3 Carbon Fiber Wheel Hub ( Set of 4 - $299)

Or, did you just do this: Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

I'm also looking at these: Vinyl Wheel Decal Inserts (All Models)

View attachment 495506 View attachment 495509 View attachment 495508

So, the problem is that there’s a small black tab which holds the image disk that gets in the way. The key is to pull the thing apart and rotate the lens assembly 90 degrees so it’s no longer sticking out. After that, it pops right in. If you don’t do that, it won’t go in.

Here are some pics to show you what I mean. I circled in red the problem area.
Got it. Ye... I saw these images and instructions on the Amazon page. I ended up buying one pair just to see how it goes.
I'm guessing it's not difficult to take the thing apart and put it back together. Def don't want to break it while inserting it or while trying to pull it apart!

Got it. Ye... I saw these images and instructions on the Amazon page. I ended up buying one pair just to see how it goes.
I'm guessing it's not difficult to take the thing apart and put it back together. Def don't want to break it while inserting it or while trying to pull it apart!

It’s pretty easy to take apart. The only real trick is getting the image lined up correct in the lens holder after you’ve rotated the lens assembly. Might take a try or two to get the angle of the projected image just right.

Oh, I thought of a “must have“. If you are getting the 18” wheels, you WILL get curb rash. It’s pretty much unavoidable because of a lip that goes around the wheel which sticks out further than the tire. So, you’ll want to get some touch up paint. This Ford color is a color that matches the Tesla dark grey wheels:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HE66OK8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Nice. Looks like a power sander is in order for this fix.