Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Through the bowels of hell, Atles delivers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I took Atles for a trip from Vista, CA to Tempe, AZ and back. We planned to pick up our niece from U. of Advancing Tech months ago and along comes the heat warning. Have to go. Left at 5am and Atles tells me keep it under 70 to reach destination. Huh? A few miles later, keep it under 65. Damn! It was already getting warm. Made it Ok to Quartzite.
I charged here both ways. Carl's Jr is a welcome stop.
On the way to UAT, I realized that I would be down to around 20% and there was no SC stations showing for quite some time. I asked for the next, nearest SC station and got a mall in Scottsdale. I should have planned my destination for the nearest SC station on the way, then UAT.
There is a huge lack of SC stations in spots of AZ and it taught me a lesson. Final destinations aren't always good charging places and I almost got caught in "No charge zone". Had I went first to Destination, I'd likely been at or near 0% trying to get to the next SC station.
Not good!
Other than that... 122°!!!
In Traffic!!! Atles handle it like a champ. It had me worried for a while.
Check out the following pics.
IMG_20190814_082130244.jpg
IMG_20190814_092713363_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190814_092901658.jpg
Quartzite
IMG_20190814_122622717.jpg
Scottsdale
IMG_20190814_133127220_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190814_133218163.jpg
UAT Campus
IMG_20190814_135754582_HDR.jpg
Traffic temps
IMG_20190814_140142115.jpg
122° WOW
IMG_20190814_182251131_HDR.jpg
Indio, CA and 116°

Reactions: jebinc and elf9
I learned a ton on my first road trip also... It was from Chicago to Minneapolis in February through a near blizzard and a DO NO TRAVEL advisory. I saw no less than 200 cars in the ditch and for about 20 miles they completely closed the highway and forced me onto unplowed local roads.

My AWD LR handled it better than any other car I ever owned...

• Love
Reactions: Kleenerth3
Yesterday I took Atles for a trip from Vista, CA to Tempe, AZ and back. We planned to pick up our niece from U. of Advancing Tech months ago and along comes the heat warning. Have to go. Left at 5am and Atles tells me keep it under 70 to reach destination. Huh? A few miles later, keep it under 65. Damn! It was already getting warm. Made it Ok to Quartzite.
I charged here both ways. Carl's Jr is a welcome stop.
On the way to UAT, I realized that I would be down to around 20% and there was no SC stations showing for quite some time. I asked for the next, nearest SC station and got a mall in Scottsdale. I should have planned my destination for the nearest SC station on the way, then UAT.
There is a huge lack of SC stations in spots of AZ and it taught me a lesson. Final destinations aren't always good charging places and I almost got caught in "No charge zone". Had I went first to Destination, I'd likely been at or near 0% trying to get to the next SC station.
Not good!
Other than that... 122°!!!
In Traffic!!! Atles handle it like a champ. It had me worried for a while.
Check out the following pics.View attachment 442089 View attachment 442090 View attachment 442091QuartziteView attachment 442092 ScottsdaleView attachment 442093 View attachment 442094 UAT CampusView attachment 442096 Traffic tempsView attachment 442097 122° WOWView attachment 442098 Indio, CA and 116°

Nice, thanks for sharing! Glad to see you enjoying some "Zep" whilst on the road! :)

Edit: How did your paint hold up? Did your flaps do their job as those long hot highway speeds?

Nice, thanks for sharing! Glad to see you enjoying some "Zep" whilst on the road! :)

Edit: How did your paint hold up? Did your flaps do their job as those long hot highway speeds?
I'm so glad I have the Xpel clear bra. It got plastered with bugs and the hood stayed pretty clean. Just a few streaks. The glass sealant made glass wipes easy to use in really hot temps.
No damage behind the mud flaps and the freeway was kinda chunky. Totally did their job! Already they paid for their cost, IMHO. Actually stayed fairly comfortable but window tint has become suddenly very important. :)

Reactions: jebinc