Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thule 800603 GoPack Set (4Xduffel)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give a massive thumbs up here for this set of four duffel bags. They're pricey but my goodness they are worth it. They fit the Thule Motion XT roof box.

You get a set of four heavy duty bags that are identical. I've seen on here someone claiming that one is different because it's designed to go in the nose section. That's not the case as far as I can tell. Just make sure the one in the nose isn't packed to the limit. They're thick enough to be resistant to rain if you have to open the roof box in a downpour although you wouldn't want to leave them exposed for too long. They hold an absolute ton of stuff each and, when fully packed you have pretty much maxed out storage in your Motion XT (although you can squeeze some things between the bags if you are desperate).

We've been on two road trips with them and they make packing a total breeze. There are four coloured labels to add to the bags (green, red, yellow, blue) so you quickly get in the habit of these being coordinated to what you are packing (blue = all the kids' clothes, yellow = all the kids' toys, etc. )Prior to packing the car, you have four bags that everything goes in. This makes packing so easy. Loading the car takes about a minute. Once you arrive at your destination, unloading the car takes about a minute. In your accommodation, you can basically live out of the bags which makes repacking to return so much easier too.

Getting them into and out of the roofbox is easy - BUT it's made a whole lot easier by putting two layers of reinforced cardboard into the bags approximately sized as per this diagram based on our own bags:

20211029_203642.jpg

The curves on the sides should be symmetrical. Don't be fooled by my bad sketch. It's even sturdier if you cut one piece of cardboard with the grain one way and the other with the grain perpendicular so that they don't fold up when loaded. With the cardboard in them, you have a stable base which means you can slide the bag over the rim of the roof box, up and down stairs, etc.

The best source of heavy duty cardboard is the box the Motion XT actually comes in of course!

Reactions: dingmah
Just wanted to give a massive thumbs up here for this set of four duffel bags. They're pricey but my goodness they are worth it. They fit the Thule Motion XT roof box.

You get a set of four heavy duty bags that are identical. I've seen on here someone claiming that one is different because it's designed to go in the nose section. That's not the case as far as I can tell. Just make sure the one in the nose isn't packed to the limit. They're thick enough to be resistant to rain if you have to open the roof box in a downpour although you wouldn't want to leave them exposed for too long. They hold an absolute ton of stuff each and, when fully packed you have pretty much maxed out storage in your Motion XT (although you can squeeze some things between the bags if you are desperate).

We've been on two road trips with them and they make packing a total breeze. There are four coloured labels to add to the bags (green, red, yellow, blue) so you quickly get in the habit of these being coordinated to what you are packing (blue = all the kids' clothes, yellow = all the kids' toys, etc. )Prior to packing the car, you have four bags that everything goes in. This makes packing so easy. Loading the car takes about a minute. Once you arrive at your destination, unloading the car takes about a minute. In your accommodation, you can basically live out of the bags which makes repacking to return so much easier too.

Getting them into and out of the roofbox is easy - BUT it's made a whole lot easier by putting two layers of reinforced cardboard into the bags approximately sized as per this diagram based on our own bags:

View attachment 727209

The curves on the sides should be symmetrical. Don't be fooled by my bad sketch. It's even sturdier if you cut one piece of cardboard with the grain one way and the other with the grain perpendicular so that they don't fold up when loaded. With the cardboard in them, you have a stable base which means you can slide the bag over the rim of the roof box, up and down stairs, etc.

The best source of heavy duty cardboard is the box the Motion XT actually comes in of course!
Wow what a great post. I love the look of these duffels. Do the zips and stitching look durable?

The Thule website says the Motion XT is 400l.

Do you think these would fit in my older Thule Touring M with equal capacity of 400l. See pic.

D9479B81-A43A-4CE1-90CF-0BDE68FC069C.jpeg