TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thule bike rack

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Ruffles, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

FYI, I purchased the Thule 934 Pro bike rack from Performance Bicycle last week for $200 instead of the Tesla rack for $500 and it works great on my Model X. You can also open the hatch without having to tip the rack down. The backup sensors flip out when backing up but that is to be expected.

Thule 934PRO 4-Bike Hitch Rack - Performance Bike

2. sub

sub Active Member

Prefer tray racks vs holding bikes by top tube, had too many nice road bikes damaged on trips using the top tube racks. If I'm solo I prefer putting bike in the vehicle.

3. CampDirectorG

CampDirectorG Member

Just to be clear, you're saying you can open the back hatch with no problem, even when bikes are on the rack? Is that correct?

4. jlv1

jlv1 Twice as much fun

Yes, because with this type of rack you can manually tilt it away from the vehicle. I've owned a 5-bike Thule that did this. When you have 3 or more bikes on the rack, it can be difficult to lift the rack back up.

5. CampDirectorG

CampDirectorG Member

He was saying it could open without tilting it down. That's the question I'm hoping to clarify.