Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thump when AC is on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When parked, I can hear and feel a small thump in the cabin, in particular along the driver's door and floor.

This only happens when the AC is on, and occurs consistently about every 20 secs. Anyone else experiencing this?

Happens to me sometimes when supercharging. Might be a different kind of thump though.

Yeah I know which thump you're referring too when supercharging which is much louder and "normal".

The thump I'm referring too is I believe related to the A/C compressor. Its feel and sound are much lower than the supercharging thump. Fan speed makes no difference. I'll see if a video might capture the (low) noise.

Did the car have a hot battery or was it recently supercharged?

No supercharging correlation, but you might be onto something. What do you think it is if it's heat related?

I will test in cooler conditions, in my garage, not having charged nor used the car, and in Park. I will also test with Recirc off as I may have noticed the click is not there one time (but could have been a fluke).