TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thunder Gray Sport #753 w/ Carbon Fiber

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by TEG, May 30, 2011.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

2. Wow a fully loaded sport, the previous owner is going to take a bath on it

3. user497

user497 Member

She's a beauty. Looks just like mine (not a sport but I have the same wheels).

4. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

I think the original owner already took the bath - they traded the car in for a Maserati or some other noisy thing. If the dealer's selling it they probably just have it sitting in their lot. I was suprised to see a Maserati and a Ferrari on show at our local Aston Martin dealer and that was the explanation; they looked new but were really just pre-owned trade-ins by people who really didn't want them any more. A bit of a gamble by the dealer I guess.

What makes you think they'll take a bath at all though? This is a highly desirable collector's car now! Well, I highly desire one. And we won't know what the reserve is unless someone bids above it...

5. #5 smoothoperator, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    It might be consignment? But you are right it probably was a trade in. That car was probably 180k new, I will be surprised if it sells for over 100k I bet the reserve is 97-98k? you can buy it outright for 99k. Regardless that is a 90k hit in one year....

Edit just saw the MSRP was 158k

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#6 TEG, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  7. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

You're right that it's a good deal if you can get it for $100K. At the point where my wife and I are now (i.e., supposedly getting our car in a week or two, but, honestly, sick of waiting), the idea of paying slightly 70% of sticker and getting a Roadster right now is appealing. It does look like it's in near mint condition. But as with any user car, you never know how it was driven for those 7500 miles; maybe it was 30,000 quarter mile drag races :biggrin: ... In fact thinking about it, with the uncertainty in the downstream behaviour of these power trains I'll feel a lot more comfortable driving something where I know the full history without wading through 7,500 miles' worth of downloaded logs (assuming the new owner even gets access to the full history of logs from the onboard computer)...

8. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Member

Nice bit o' sleuthin' there TEG :biggrin: ... changes the economics quite a bit!

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#9 TEG, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    Carfax shows it has already had multiple different titles, changing within about 5 months.
    (Does a new title imply a new owner each time?)

10. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

That's just sad.

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Or Jinxed!

12. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Maybe it is the 'haunted roadster'!
    [​IMG]

13. efxjim

efxjim Member

That is the exact same car as mine. Just built about 200 cars later. I wonder what tops it comes with?

14. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

That looks suspiciously like one of my garage kitties ... maybe I need to keep the keys with me at all times.

15. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Funny how once a car, or even a house, changes hands once it seems to be a lot more likely to be sold again. And again.

16. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

It's been relisted here. Note that the Carfax now says only 1 owner, even though the details shows the there was a title change in June 2010, and then the car was sold at auction in Aug 2010, and then another title change in Jan 2011.

Also note that while it's decked out in clear coat CF, it doesn't have the infotainment system.

17. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

When you say "infotainment" do you mean the double DIN new Nav system? If so, I think that wasn't available until the 2.5 update which happened well after #753 was built. It is a "2.0 sport" and does seem to have the upgraded stereo that was available at that time.

18. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#18 TEG, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  19. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Although it seems to have almost every other option available at the time, it doesn't appear to include a hard-top.

20. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

Thanks for the correction. My noobness is showing.

That does look to be a sweet configuration - I think that car would sell quickly and for more dollars in CA.