Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thunderhill Raceway wants a Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks to be about 7 miles from the freeway. I don't see Tesla wanted to pay to install supercharger here, but it seems like a good place for a privately-funded supercharger, if Tesla ever starts making this sort of deal.
That's their biggest issue, it isn't near anything. While they say they can provide well lit 24/7 access, there isn't any amenities for drivers right now and you have to take a short drive to get there.

"Take delivery at the track with an option for a high performance driving course"
I would have taken this option in a heartbeat if it was offered.

This sounds a lot like foreign delivery of America-bound vehicles that Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. have done for a while now.

Ya, thats a flippin good idea. Forget the generic form. Someone should use the secret TMC communication channel to Tesla and put this in the hands of decision makers. To the extent that delivery impacts the retail experience and mythos, sending this to GeorgeB might be a good idea.

If Thunderhill wanted to attract Model S owners, 50 amp plugs is a little light and a private Supercharger might not come for years. What would attract them now would be to install a bank of Clipper Creek CS-100s and ensure they have 240 Volts + to them, 250 would be ideal. No 208 Volt that sags down to 200 BS...
http://www.clippercreek.com/products.html
That would give 62 MPH of charging which is pretty darn quick.

I would start with two of them and provision up enough electrical to install 4-8 of them.

If Thunderhill wanted to attract Model S owners, 50 amp plugs is a little light and a private Supercharger might not come for years. What would attract them now would be to install a bank of Clipper Creek CS-100s and ensure they have 240 Volts + to them, 250 would be ideal. No 208 Volt that sags down to 200 BS...

I would start with two of them and provision up enough electrical to install 4-8 of them.

Or a Tesla HPWC for about half as much?

Despite being biased towards Model S myself, I'd recommend J1772 to support other EVs as well (including Roadster).

Or a Tesla HPWC for about half as much?

Given that it started with "supercharger" (Model S only at this point), the natural 'downgrade' would be the HPWC. The J1772 would be quite handy for other folks (like Volts, Leafs, etc).