Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ThunderVolt! My 2020 Model S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

My name is Tom and I've been a huge fan of electric vehicles going all the way back to my "PowerWheels" days. Through the 80s and 90s I enjoyed reading about DIY electric vehicles in magazines like Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver and Motor Trend. Although rare, I also loved seeing electric concept cars that would make a splash at auto shows, like the 1990 GM Impact.

When I first learned about Tesla and their Roadster in 2006, it changed everything for me. EVs no longer seemed like a mode of transportation that existed in the promise of the future, it felt more like a movement that could actually happen! I loved the Roadster because, unlike previous electric concepts, it was cool looking, performed great and could actually be used to go places reliably. I was hooked!

Throughout the years I followed Tesla closely but could never muster the courage to buy one, mainly due to so much information about future upgrades and improvements that were coming. Well, I finally clicked the order button and now have my very own 2020 Tesla Model S Performance! In this thread I'll share lots of pictures and videos and talk about my ownership experience too.

When it comes to TMC, I have been in lurker mode for years gathering info and enjoying everyone's posts. I appreciate everyone's contribution and am glad I finally have something that's worth posting on here, haha! I've always loved sharing my car hobby with fellow enthusiasts on websites and forums. A few years back I tried something new by taking some video with my iPhone which became "Tom's Turbo Garage" my YouTube channel where I work on all sorts of stuff, from V8 Miatas to Japanese Kei cars.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the thread, here's my first video that I recently posted covering my experience of ordering and picking up my Model S. As for the name "ThunderVolt" it was suggested by a bunch of folks who watch my videos and fits well with other project cars I've built in the past. :D

Hi All,

My name is Tom and I've been a huge fan of electric vehicles going all the way back to my "PowerWheels" days. Through the 80s and 90s I enjoyed reading about DIY electric vehicles in magazines like Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver and Motor Trend. Although rare, I also loved seeing electric concept cars that would make a splash at auto shows, like the 1990 GM Impact.

When I first learned about Tesla and their Roadster in 2006, it changed everything for me. EVs no longer seemed like a mode of transportation that existed in the promise of the future, it felt more like a movement that could actually happen! I loved the Roadster because, unlike previous electric concepts, it was cool looking, performed great and could actually be used to go places reliably. I was hooked!

Throughout the years I followed Tesla closely but could never muster the courage to buy one, mainly due to so much information about future upgrades and improvements that were coming. Well, I finally clicked the order button and now have my very own 2020 Tesla Model S Performance! In this thread I'll share lots of pictures and videos and talk about my ownership experience too.

When it comes to TMC, I have been in lurker mode for years gathering info and enjoying everyone's posts. I appreciate everyone's contribution and am glad I finally have something that's worth posting on here, haha! I've always loved sharing my car hobby with fellow enthusiasts on websites and forums. A few years back I tried something new by taking some video with my iPhone which became "Tom's Turbo Garage" my YouTube channel where I work on all sorts of stuff, from V8 Miatas to Japanese Kei cars.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the thread, here's my first video that I recently posted covering my experience of ordering and picking up my Model S. As for the name "ThunderVolt" it was suggested by a bunch of folks who watch my videos and fits well with other project cars I've built in the past. :D

TOM~SLA