TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ThunderVolt! My 2020 Model S Performance

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TNGuy99, Apr 22, 2020.

1. TNGuy99

TNGuy99 Member

Hi All,

My name is Tom and I've been a huge fan of electric vehicles going all the way back to my "PowerWheels" days. Through the 80s and 90s I enjoyed reading about DIY electric vehicles in magazines like Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver and Motor Trend. Although rare, I also loved seeing electric concept cars that would make a splash at auto shows, like the 1990 GM Impact.

When I first learned about Tesla and their Roadster in 2006, it changed everything for me. EVs no longer seemed like a mode of transportation that existed in the promise of the future, it felt more like a movement that could actually happen! I loved the Roadster because, unlike previous electric concepts, it was cool looking, performed great and could actually be used to go places reliably. I was hooked!

Throughout the years I followed Tesla closely but could never muster the courage to buy one, mainly due to so much information about future upgrades and improvements that were coming. Well, I finally clicked the order button and now have my very own 2020 Tesla Model S Performance! In this thread I'll share lots of pictures and videos and talk about my ownership experience too.

When it comes to TMC, I have been in lurker mode for years gathering info and enjoying everyone's posts. I appreciate everyone's contribution and am glad I finally have something that's worth posting on here, haha! I've always loved sharing my car hobby with fellow enthusiasts on websites and forums. A few years back I tried something new by taking some video with my iPhone which became "Tom's Turbo Garage" my YouTube channel where I work on all sorts of stuff, from V8 Miatas to Japanese Kei cars.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the thread, here's my first video that I recently posted covering my experience of ordering and picking up my Model S. As for the name "ThunderVolt" it was suggested by a bunch of folks who watch my videos and fits well with other project cars I've built in the past. :D

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. SilverGS

SilverGS Active Member

@TNGuy99 Congratulations on the new car! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

3. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

TOM~SLA

4. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Welcome and Congrats !!

5. Messagepads

Messagepads Member

Congratulations and looking forward to seeing your pictures and videos!

Enjoy ;)

6. HrvatskaEV

HrvatskaEV Closed

Good luck and enjoy! Can't wait to receive my Model S, but given that it hasn't been manufactured yet, I'm optimistically expecting it in June or July. I'll be sure to watch your future videos on the car :)

7. JTNWEvo

JTNWEvo Member

Welcome Tom. Long time watcher of your channel. Nice to have you here!

8. TNGuy99

TNGuy99 Member

Thank you for the kind words everyone! Here's the latest video, in the interest of science I had to do some acceleration testing. Thanks for checking it out. :D