Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thunking sound underneath car while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Wondering if you've experienced this as well.

While supercharging I've felt these thunks, but I figure it was the power moving around and the batteries opening and closing circuits.

What I'm wondering about is that I've recently noticed the same thunking noises while driving. I thought I'd hit something at first, but they occur when it's dead flat.

Anyone else notice this?

Hey guys,

Wondering if you've experienced this as well.

While supercharging I've felt these thunks, but I figure it was the power moving around and the batteries opening and closing circuits.

What I'm wondering about is that I've recently noticed the same thunking noises while driving. I thought I'd hit something at first, but they occur when it's dead flat.

Anyone else notice this?

Many other threads regarding the issue. Likely flexing of the top of the pack and/ or floor plan and bumping into each other.

Hey guys,

We were getting a clunking sound at the same point in our commute. Sounded like something was loose. We took it in for service and they said they tightened some bolts under the car. Solved most of the problem, but not all.

We were getting a clunking sound at the same point in our commute. Sounded like something was loose. We took it in for service and they said they tightened some bolts under the car. Solved most of the problem, but not all.

You should definitely bring that up with service if it wasn't corrected. They followed up with me to be sure our noises were gone. Assuming it is the same problem then you can definitely get it fixed.

You should definitely bring that up with service if it wasn't corrected. They followed up with me to be sure our noises were gone. Assuming it is the same problem then you can definitely get it fixed.
I think that the sounds we hear now may be due to thermal expansion and not due to something loose. The clunks that we hear now are more random (not at the same point of the commute). Was the follow-up a call, or simply an automatic e-mail rate our service message?

I think that the sounds we hear now may be due to thermal expansion and not due to something loose. The clunks that we hear now are more random (not at the same point of the commute). Was the follow-up a call, or simply an automatic e-mail rate our service message?

They called my cell and I couldn't answer. They did send an email saying please give us the thumbs up or call us if there continue to be problems.

Which worked for me.