TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Ticket Avoidance Mode

Discussion in 'Autopilot & Autonomous/FSD' started by willow_hiller, Nov 6, 2020.

1. willow_hiller

willow_hiller Active Member

On November 5, Tesla released two new videos to their official YouTube channel titled "Charging on the Road" and "Charging at Home" respectively. In the first second of each video, text of several features scrolls by quickly (all existing features as far as I can tell) but both briefly show "Ticket Avoidance Mode."

Screenshot from 2020-11-06 08-48-51.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-06 08-45-52.png

Will "Ticket Avoidance Mode" be a feature of V11? Is this how Tesla is going to advertise FSD beta (especially if it has a speed-limit capped?).

• Informative x 2
  2. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Active Member

I was thinking it would have uploaded data for speed cameras and automatically slow down. That would be a very nice option.

• Like x 2
  3. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Sentry-mode activated feature detects when a parking enforcement officer starts to write a ticket and then the car drives off and finds a different spot?

;):cool:

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 3
  4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Waze-like crowd sourcing wherein the fleet detects and responds to speed traps and such? Sign me up!

• Like x 4
  5. willow_hiller

To be fair, I feel like half of Tesla's products start out as jokes/memes. Tesla posted this in 2015:

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  6. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

• Like x 1
  7. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.48.30

Are all those features listed at the beginning actually titles for similar videos they've already released?

8. willow_hiller

Here's the full list, advancing frame by frame (both videos are the same, except for some slight differences with the gibberish at the beginning):
    • Nkfhvzh
    • Wngjtzsw
    • Qhadntnr
    • Ribeounr
    • Rieounre
    • Dibevnrt
    • Discover
    • Sentry Mode
    • Voice Commands
    • I'm Feeling Hungry
    • Remote air conditioning
    • Cabin overheat protection
    • Bioweapon Defense Mode
    • Ticket Avoidance Mode
    • Pin to Drive
    • Tesla Arcade
    • Trip Planner
    • Sketchpad
    • Valet Mode
    • Driver Profiles
    • Charging on the Road
    For the most part, I don't think they match up with other video titles.

• Informative x 1
  9. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

The V10 release video had a frame that said "Car Wash Mode" but that feature was never released...

• Helpful x 1
  10. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

Actually, the Florida law says that an autonomous cat can drive on the roads if it obeys all laws. That means it can’t exceed the speed limit. Probably will be true in all states.

• Informative x 1
  11. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Yes, I absolutely expect this to be the case. As part of any regulations that permit autonomous vehicles, I expect that the governing body will assign liability for the vehicle to the autonomous system manufacturer (Tesla in this case) (and not the vehicle owner) when operating in autonomous mode. For that reason alone, you can be sure that autonomous vehicles will follow traffic ordinances to a T, including speed limits.

And that's the rub. Driving the speed limit in some cases will actually be quite dangerous and hinder the transition to autonomy, so what I expect is that traffic laws may carve out some kind of exception for autonomous vehicles, either allowing them a 10 mph exception to allow them to move along with traffic, or something similar.

• Like x 1
  12. KalJoMoS

KalJoMoS Member

Is it a autonomous car or really a cat...!?

• Funny x 2
  13. BigNick

BigNick Disaffected Member

14. Catbiscuits

Catbiscuits Member

My cousin!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. ai4px

ai4px Wes

An issue that I've always loathed.... well, too strong.... wished was better.... the speed limit of the car only starts to drop after the speed limit sign. In one of the little whistle stop towns I drive through every day, that means rolling about 1/4 mile before the speed finally reaches the speed limit sign I already passed. If it is in the GPS database, why not slow the car before the speed limit change? it's not like the car doesn't know it is coming....

• Like x 1
  16. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Active Member

I don't know the laws in your state, but in PA if the speed limit drops by more than 10mph, it is a requirement to have a "speed limit xxx ahead" sign a certain distance beforehand. Of course AP1 doesn't react to these signs, but hopefully this will be worked into the AP2+ algorithm eventually. (And, of course, there are many places where these signs are missing. I'm hoping I don't ever have to do it but if I get pulled over at one of these locations I should have a solid case in court.)

• Like x 2
  17. dazedNconfuzed

Common around Atlanta for traffic average >80MPH in a 55 zone.

• Like x 1
  18. turnem

turnem Member

Oh man - don't be blowing through McBee like that or you'll get a ticket before you even know what happened!! :D

19. Ludalicious

Ludalicious Active Member

Add in undercover cop cars and identify the vehicles using license plate recognition. Kinda like speed signs and automatically slow down to the speed limit with an indicator symbol shown on the screen. I would pay for any of these features.

• Like x 1
  20. ai4px

ai4px Wes

Turbeville also... tickets are the only source of revenue for that town. I-95 exit 135.