Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ticket Avoidance Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

willow_hiller

Apr 3, 2019
Maryland
On November 5, Tesla released two new videos to their official YouTube channel titled "Charging on the Road" and "Charging at Home" respectively. In the first second of each video, text of several features scrolls by quickly (all existing features as far as I can tell) but both briefly show "Ticket Avoidance Mode."

Screenshot from 2020-11-06 08-48-51.png

Screenshot from 2020-11-06 08-45-52.png

Will "Ticket Avoidance Mode" be a feature of V11? Is this how Tesla is going to advertise FSD beta (especially if it has a speed-limit capped?).

• Informative
Reactions: Tiger and masterxel
Are all those features listed at the beginning actually titles for similar videos they've already released?

Here's the full list, advancing frame by frame (both videos are the same, except for some slight differences with the gibberish at the beginning):
  • Nkfhvzh
  • Wngjtzsw
  • Qhadntnr
  • Ribeounr
  • Rieounre
  • Dibevnrt
  • Discover
  • Sentry Mode
  • Voice Commands
  • I'm Feeling Hungry
  • Remote air conditioning
  • Cabin overheat protection
  • Bioweapon Defense Mode
  • Ticket Avoidance Mode
  • Pin to Drive
  • Tesla Arcade
  • Trip Planner
  • Sketchpad
  • Valet Mode
  • Driver Profiles
  • Charging on the Road
For the most part, I don't think they match up with other video titles.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Actually, the Florida law says that an autonomous cat can drive on the roads if it obeys all laws. That means it can’t exceed the speed limit. Probably will be true in all states.

Yes, I absolutely expect this to be the case. As part of any regulations that permit autonomous vehicles, I expect that the governing body will assign liability for the vehicle to the autonomous system manufacturer (Tesla in this case) (and not the vehicle owner) when operating in autonomous mode. For that reason alone, you can be sure that autonomous vehicles will follow traffic ordinances to a T, including speed limits.

And that's the rub. Driving the speed limit in some cases will actually be quite dangerous and hinder the transition to autonomy, so what I expect is that traffic laws may carve out some kind of exception for autonomous vehicles, either allowing them a 10 mph exception to allow them to move along with traffic, or something similar.

Reactions: boonedocks
An issue that I've always loathed.... well, too strong.... wished was better.... the speed limit of the car only starts to drop after the speed limit sign. In one of the little whistle stop towns I drive through every day, that means rolling about 1/4 mile before the speed finally reaches the speed limit sign I already passed. If it is in the GPS database, why not slow the car before the speed limit change? it's not like the car doesn't know it is coming....

Reactions: turnem
An issue that I've always loathed.... well, too strong.... wished was better.... the speed limit of the car only starts to drop after the speed limit sign. In one of the little whistle stop towns I drive through every day, that means rolling about 1/4 mile before the speed finally reaches the speed limit sign I already passed. If it is in the GPS database, why not slow the car before the speed limit change? it's not like the car doesn't know it is coming....
I don't know the laws in your state, but in PA if the speed limit drops by more than 10mph, it is a requirement to have a "speed limit xxx ahead" sign a certain distance beforehand. Of course AP1 doesn't react to these signs, but hopefully this will be worked into the AP2+ algorithm eventually. (And, of course, there are many places where these signs are missing. I'm hoping I don't ever have to do it but if I get pulled over at one of these locations I should have a solid case in court.)

Reactions: ai4px and mikes_fsd
Driving the speed limit in some cases will actually be quite dangerous and hinder the transition to autonomy, so what I expect is that traffic laws may carve out some kind of exception for autonomous vehicles, either allowing them a 10 mph exception to allow them to move along with traffic, or something similar.
Common around Atlanta for traffic average >80MPH in a 55 zone.

Reactions: boonedocks
Oh man - don't be blowing through McBee like that or you'll get a ticket before you even know what happened!! :D