Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ticket while navigating out of Hamilton Supercharger today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged my car up at the Hamilton SC today while my family had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. The car was done early, so I ran over there to take it off the charger to be courteous. For those of you that don't drive in NJ, left turns are against their religion. Trying to get back into the Cracker Barrel I wound up on 130 North. I had to make a right turn to turn around, then I pulled off to the right into an office park directly across from the complex and turned around to proceed straight accross 130. Apparently there are no u-turns there, and I did not see the sign. Well, a professional NJ trooper gave me a ticket for it. He told me I had to continue another mile or so south on 130 to get back to the point where I crossed, making it a nearly 5 mile trek to go the 5 blocks I walked to the car.

Be careful at this complex. There are only a few entrances to it and it is very difficult to turn around. I think they prey on out of staters that are not used to their crazy no left turn policy.

I charged my car up at the Hamilton SC today while my family had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. The car was done early, so I ran over there to take it off the charger to be courteous. For those of you that don't drive in NJ, left turns are against their religion. Trying to get back into the Cracker Barrel I wound up on 130 North. I had to make a right turn to turn around, then I pulled off to the right into an office park directly across from the complex and turned around to proceed straight accross 130. Apparently there are no u-turns there, and I did not see the sign. Well, a professional NJ trooper gave me a ticket for it. He told me I had to continue another mile or so south on 130 to get back to the point where I crossed, making it a nearly 5 mile trek to go the 5 blocks I walked to the car.

Be careful at this complex. There are only a few entrances to it and it is very difficult to turn around. I think they prey on out of staters that are not used to their crazy no left turn policy.
it's a shame that you were ticketed for the illegal turn however what you view as crazy the state of NJ thinks is proper highway management.
when in rome.......

What? This doesn't make any sense. Why did you even go back on to 130 from the supercharger? Make a left out of the Barnes and Noble and you're right back at the cracker barrel. Even if you get on 130 you just go up to the light and go right into the cracker barrel.

Also how is this at all related to Tesla?

Reactions: bhzmark
What? This doesn't make any sense. Why did you even go back on to 130 from the supercharger? Make a left out of the Barnes and Noble and you're right back at the cracker barrel. Even if you get on 130 you just go up to the light and go right into the cracker barrel.

Also how is this at all related to Tesla?

I thought the point of the post was to point out that the supercharger was not in a convient place relative to the cracker barrel but looking on a map I'm confused. Do I have the location of the supercharger wrong?

upload_2016-4-25_9-23-57.png