Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ticketing for no front plate in Santa Monica and stick-on front plate option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How serious of a concern is ticketing for no front license plate? I'm wondering whether to avoid this location altogether if ticketing is pervasive (it'd be annoying, but possible to avoid) or just roll the dice since it's not necessarily a focused but more of a random enforcement. This is for a Monday somewhere in between 10am-2pm.

Thanks all for any thoughts.

How serious of a concern is ticketing for no front license plate? I'm wondering whether to avoid this location altogether if ticketing is pervasive (it'd be annoying, but possible to avoid) or just roll the dice since it's not necessarily a focused but more of a random enforcement. This is for a Monday somewhere in between 10am-2pm.

Thanks all for any thoughts.

I have heard it is significant over there. I have been victimized just across the street two times!

I finally purchased that stick on vinyl California license plate which is sold by this guy who has some connection with the DMV. When I paid him the money online, I first got a letter from the DMV authorizing me to have the stick on license plate and then a week later the plates showed up. Problem solved

I have heard it is significant over there. I have been victimized just across the street two times!

I finally purchased that stick on vinyl California license plate which is sold by this guy who has some connection with the DMV. When I paid him the money online, I first got a letter from the DMV authorizing me to have the stick on license plate and then a week later the plates showed up. Problem solved

You mind posting up link for that stick on plate ?

You mind posting up link for that stick on plate ?

https://licenseplatewrap.com/?fbclid=IwAR0qcDmvccrSb_ewJe9e-V-7UsWvOgLsMt18G7pxTC2msaLMVhMgEXeKs4U

Worth every cent. I was completely dubious but I figured if it doesn’t work I’ll just make a dispute with the credit card. But it looks like it was legitimate! Surprise that I hadn’t heard anything about this through official channels. Seems like this guy has some sort of inside connection with the DMV in California.

• Helpful
Reactions: TonyT and P85_DA
Tested by the California Highway Patrol of Sacramento

Worth every cent. I was completely dubious but I figured if it doesn’t work I’ll just make a dispute with the credit card. But it looks like it was legitimate! Surprise that I hadn’t heard anything about this through official channels. Seems like this guy has some sort of inside connection with the DMV in California.
Can you take it off and put it back on like a cling sticker? Or does it have to stay on more or less permanently? The website doesn't seem to cover that in the FAQ.

https://licenseplatewrap.com/?fbclid=IwAR0qcDmvccrSb_ewJe9e-V-7UsWvOgLsMt18G7pxTC2msaLMVhMgEXeKs4U

Very interesting! It's cheaper than some of the aftermarket license plate frames. As far as California DMV adopting new license plate solutions, this one is more compelling to me than the $750 digital plate.

Aerodynamics: some 5-10% range improvement by regaining the aero on the front end.

Appearance: not jutting out, more “form fitting” with the beautiful curvature of the car.
5-10%? No way, sorry. Car aerodynamics don't work like that. You could mount a statue of Buddha on your front bumper and it wouldn't make that difference.

Santa Monica street parking
Beverly Hills street parking
LAX long term parking

Those are the places I know in the Greater LA area that you will get a no front plate ticket. Also you could be stopped at the check point entering the LAX departure ramp. A few times I have been asked "where is your front plate?" I didn't get a ticket but probably got stopped because of that.