Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal app disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've not updated my car recently, and I've been using the Tidal app without issue since the last update (I'm on 2022.12.3.3, M3LR in the UK), but a few days ago I noticed that the Tidal app was gone.

Opening audio sources shows no sign of Tidal either, and even after a reboot I've had no luck.
Has anyone else had this happen? Someone on the Tesla discord said they've just had the same thing so I'm wondering if this is a glitch or intentional 'recall' of the Tidal app for some reason (they've done this before like with the Sonic game that got pulled from the car).

20220615_173315.jpg

Reactions: psuKinger
So I've not updated my car recently, and I've been using the Tidal app without issue since the last update (I'm on 2022.12.3.3, M3LR in the UK), but a few days ago I noticed that the Tidal app was gone.

Opening audio sources shows no sign of Tidal either, and even after a reboot I've had no luck.
Has anyone else had this happen? Someone on the Tesla discord said they've just had the same thing so I'm wondering if this is a glitch or intentional 'recall' of the Tidal app for some reason (they've done this before like with the Sonic game that got pulled from the car).

View attachment 816957
Yup, I’m having this issue in the US. That and all my theater options are gone but I can still use voice commands to open Netflix but, not Tidal.

I did two reboots as well..

Yep, same.

My *downloads* disappeared from the app a couple days ago... Which hasn't been that unusual for me, and has always come back with a reboot. Well, I rebooted tonight, and when the car came back up, Tidal was gone. I've rebooted twice more so far since then (some reddit users said it came right back with a second reboot) but no such luck so far for me... I also checked my list of sources just to confirm it wasnt hidden....

Well, I went down to my car this morning to reboot again, and when I got there, I found that the Tesla app had returned overnight...

My downloads are gone. After a short drive/errand, the app had remembered all the albums I had downloaded, and I believe the car is redownloading them now on my WiFi...

I have no explanation for this odd behavior.

Reactions: GoldenOne
The fix for the theater applications disappearing is to change your user interface language to something else. Once it applies, change it again to the language you used before. Seems to force the UI to "reload" and missing entries appear. This might work for Tidal too...
That worked! Thanks...had to logout and login to Tidal after the language change and reboots.

Reactions: GtiMart
The fix for the theater applications disappearing is to change your user interface language to something else. Once it applies, change it again to the language you used before. Seems to force the UI to "reload" and missing entries appear. This might work for Tidal too...
Thank you! My Tidal app went missing the other day and this brought it back for me.

So this has been an absolutely A+ work-around, and I am very grateful that someone figured this out and we have an active community like this to share these things...

On the plus side, this has consistently worked for me, over and over (and over and over) again. My search results stop including Tidal, I finish my drive without being able to search Tidal, and I reset the screen language off English and back to English, and *BOOM* I'm back.

On the down side, I keep having to do this, over and over (and over and over) again. Is this happening all the time to others? Sometimes it'll go a few weeks in between resets... Other times I'll do it two or three times in the same week. I'm extremely grateful for this workaround. But I'm also extremely annoyed that I have to keep doing it....