Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone is Verizon. Tidal works fine for me on LTE except not in Hifi. I think Hifi would exceed the data limit of the Premium Connectivity package, or be close enough to have to buffer, or maybe it is just the general agreement between Tesla and AT&T. 1411kbps should not be an issue these days but for some reason we can't do that in our cars.

My phone is Verizon. Tidal works fine for me on LTE except not in Hifi. I think Hifi would exceed the data limit of the Premium Connectivity package, or be close enough to have to buffer, or maybe it is just the general agreement between Tesla and AT&T. 1411kbps should not be an issue these days but for some reason we can't do that in our cars.

There is no such data or speed limit.

Again, run speedtest on your car web browser over LTE. The result will be many times faster than the speed needed for Tidal Hifi.

Tesla simply chooses not to enable this over LTE- it's not, even remotely, a limitation of the available speed of the connection.

Reactions: jebinc
I can't get Tidal to give me anything but a screen with a QR code and what looks like a "login" link that does not work. Pointint my phone at the QR code gets the phone a login page, but does nothing for the Tesla's Tidal app.

I cannot get Tidal to work in my Tesla. I get presented a QR code and a link that says "Login" but the link does not work. Scanning the QR code causes a Tidal new customer page, but I'm already a customer. I was planning to dump Spotify and switch to Tidal, but it simply does not work.

I vaguely recall that the page had a link to login in the small print if already a member. A lot of pages are like that. I had signed up before I got the update and didn't have any trouble signing in with the QR code.

I am struggling getting Tidal to work. When I open the app in the car I get a QR code to scan on my phone. This brings up the Tidal website and asks me to login. After I login, it asks me to confirm my subscription, which I am able to do, but nothing happens after. The screen in the car just stays on the QR code.

FYI, I'm using the free version of Tidal.
Exact same issue for me, also using a free version. I wonder if I did a trial, got it to connect, if once the account was linked it would continue to work even if I went back to the free account?

How do I update the tidal app in my Tesla? New improved app just loaded on my iphone
You can't. If the Tesla Tidal app is like many of the other apps, it's a webapp, consisting of a collection of webpages on a Tidal server. It's most likely up to Tidal to provide updates. Often, the Tesla webapps are updated if there's a bug introduced by a new version of the Chromium Linux Web browser that Tesla uses.