Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal Music (and Amazon and Apple) Integration might be coming...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only linking to one article, but I read several before posting, and it sounds like Tidal music integration might be further along/closer to a reality, but that Amazon, Apple, and Pandora might also be in the works....

Tesla EVs to support Tidal music streaming soon tips software hacker

As a Tidal subscriber, I'm thrilled at the possibility of not having to use my phone/bluetooth... and hopeful that the Tidal "integration" is better/more complete than what they currently have for Spotify "integration"....

Reactions: RocDeef and Bill135
Tidal hifi with atleast cd quality. Mqa deal with tesla would be godlike.

I think the odds of Tidal integration happening without HiFi "support" is very low. I think that's a given. Now whether or not the Tesla infotainment system can get itself into some sort of "good audiophile signalpath" (I think it's ALSA in Linux, rather than the Pulse Code buppity-bup) so that the 44.1 khz "CD" quality isn't being (poorly?) resampled to 48 kHz prior to D-to-A is (and might always be) TBD... that's why I value signal-path-transparency, like what Roon gives me, when I'm at home on my local network and on my best gear...

MQA first unfold should be able to happen in software, and I would expect that to be part of the package too, personally... I would not expect (nor do I personally care about) second unfold. But I do want access to the better Masterings, and with Tidal that means MQA support is needed... so I definitely hope that comes along for the ride (literally).

does tesla speakers do 5.1 audio in netflix? I know some cars do. If so tidal atmos. Already drooling..

Again, no signal transparency that I'm aware of? But I doubt it... besides, the car doesn't have a traditional 5.1+ speaker arrangement, nor is their a traditional home theater "MLP"... the driver's seat is off-center from the screen, and the distances to the various speakers isn't equal (perfect triangle, etc)... I'd be very much surprised if we're able to stream AND the car supports a traditional "Netflix 5.1" mix, personally, but who knows, I could be wrong...

Tidal hifi with atleast cd quality. Mqa deal with tesla would be godlike.

does tesla speakers do 5.1 audio in netflix? I know some cars do. If so tidal atmos. Already drooling..
Because you can really hear ‘CD quality’ in a car? Not. Besides that, it uses significantly more data.

I love spotify, but as you mentioned it's integration to Tesla's is rough.
I've never given Tidal a try. I'll probably end up using whatever has the nicest integration.

I’m really looking forward to Apple Music integration...

+1 for apple music integration. It's the one thing that would satisfy my current desire for CarPlay.
I’d like Apple music integration, but seriously - just make it CarPlay compatible already! Then you have automatic integration with everything with a far better interface.

I will have to connect Bluetooth from my phone then.
That is how I listen to Amazon Music. Also, check out the Amazon Echo Auto accessory. https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Auto-Add-Alexa-your/dp/B07VTK654B/ (Don't pay full price, the Echo Auto frequently goes on sale for $25).

This is a small multi-microphone device that enables true hands free operation for Amazon Alexa (streaming, phone and navigation) while driving. The Echo Auto device is powered by your vehicle, communicates with your phone over a dedicate Bluetooth (BT) connection that is separate from the BT connection normally used with the phone and the vehicle. When you have the Echo Auto device installed you don't have to handle your phone or unlock your phone to use the Amazon Alexa features including streaming audio from Amazon Music and other audio sources.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
Lack of more streaming options has been a big disappointment. I had expected these to be easily added. I know there are some licensing concerns with things like Apple Music. But at least SiriusXM streaming, Amazon music, Tidal etc. it seems Tesla isn’t interested in many of these but more video games, gimmicks like boom box etc which I never use. Maybe someday..

Reactions: Gy2020 and KentheJ
Hmm… well it was for me but with amazon and apple going lossless for half the price, it no longer is. Making the switch this month.

Yea I mean this could get waaaay off-topic for a Tesla car forum... but neither are a go for me. They don't interface with 3rd party software that I like and use (Roon; USB-APP; etc) and their native 1st party apps don't support the kind of features that drove me to find those 3rd party software solutions in the first place...

I actually prefer Qobuz (I have subscriptions to both) but I've never seen any rumors about Qobuz integration into Tesla's....