Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal, y u no shuffle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've liked Tidal from the beginning, but there is one feature I've grown weary of and that is their generated mixes. You'd think with at least 7 different mixes you'd get fresh music but each sub-genre that it puts up has the same songs all the time. I mostly listen to classic rock in the car and it can be repetitive enough without them limiting the lists even further. It is easy to tell too, since I almost always have my phone tethered they play and store in hifi, and the symbol appears next to almost all the songs, indicating they've already been played until I have to clear it all to make space.

Hilariously over due!
I ditched tidal for spotify premium with this being one of the main reasons. The audio quality in tidal was great but the app experience (in car and on phone) on spotify premium is just SO much better.
Way over due. Completely agree that the Spotify UI is vastly superior. I’m still on Tidal though because they have a cheap military/veteran option, and because I'm probably too concerned with sound quality (Apple music is even worse than Spotify in that regard). Not to mention Tidal's Alexa integration is abysmal to the point of being useless.

Reactions: Jejunjm
I've liked Tidal from the beginning, but there is one feature I've grown weary of and that is their generated mixes.
The other thing I hate is that I can be listening to one of their suggested playlists ("My Mix X") that is a certain genre and the next day, after it finishes the song you left on, it shifts to song in another genre because the My Mix 3, which was classic rock yesterday is now electronic music (which I also listen to). Another My Mix is now classic rock, but with SOME different songs, but as you mentioned, it is a lot of the same songs each time.

Reactions: cwhite51