Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIFU: I left my wallet at home and my phone died!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened over the weekend, but thought it was humorous enough to share...

My kids had a soccer game over the weekend and when we got there, my youngest was asking for a snack and that's when I realized that I didn't bring my wallet. Whoops. No big deal, he can wait and I didn't need the beer. Well the soccer game was during football and I wanted to watch my favorite team lose so I had that streaming on my phone.

Just before halftime, my phone died. Whoops again. With the soccer game now over, I was looking forward to going home and watching some sports with the kids. Whoops again. When we approached the car, it wouldn't unlock and then it dawned on me. No phone. No Wallet. No access.

Luckily a worker at the snack bar had a USB-C cable (slow charge) that got me enough juice to turn my phone on, unlock the car and invoke keyless driving.

Oh well, lesson learned that day! DON'T FORGET YOUR KEYCARD!!

My buddy did something similar..but different.

Took his car to be tinted at a friends place. Is too lazy to carry the cards, so handed him his phone. Jumped in my car, and told his other friends meeting up with us to call him when they got their errands done.

Realized after we pulled away that he did not have his phone, since he let the tint shop hold it to move the car around. DOH

Does anyone make a magnetic Keycard holder that we can mount in the wheel well like we used to do for normal keys?

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
Umm... but then if you forget your phone, you don't have the card. Would it not be safer for the card to be in your wallet?

Good thing about putting the card with the phone. If you forget both you are not going anywhere, so hard to forget. This is one thing I like about using the phone for access, you never forget to take your phone with you as I did sometimes in the past.

Reactions: trojaneen