Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIFU: I left my wallet at home and my phone died!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened over the weekend, but thought it was humorous enough to share...

My kids had a soccer game over the weekend and when we got there, my youngest was asking for a snack and that's when I realized that I didn't bring my wallet. Whoops. No big deal, he can wait and I didn't need the beer. Well the soccer game was during football and I wanted to watch my favorite team lose so I had that streaming on my phone.

Just before halftime, my phone died. Whoops again. With the soccer game now over, I was looking forward to going home and watching some sports with the kids. Whoops again. When we approached the car, it wouldn't unlock and then it dawned on me. No phone. No Wallet. No access.

Luckily a worker at the snack bar had a USB-C cable (slow charge) that got me enough juice to turn my phone on, unlock the car and invoke keyless driving.

Oh well, lesson learned that day! DON'T FORGET YOUR KEYCARD!!
Lots of possibilities to consider: one, make sure your phone charges while in the car, so it's nice and full when you watch football while kids play soccer; two, consider wearing an AppleWatch, so you can use that to open your car door; three, maybe a case for your phone that has a wallet slot in back where you put your keycard for emergencies; four, get one of those RFID rings that will allow you to open the door and start the car; five, have a power bank at the ready, that can charge your phone and/or start a dead 12v battery, since you were watching football; and of course six, do as so many others have suggested, just ask someone if you can install the Tesla app, so you can log in and open your door.

Just looking at the list, I've got all except the ring.

In a "Frontline" TV show about A.I., it was pointed out that applying for a loan in China on your phone, it checked thousands of facts about your credit worthiness in seconds. One item it checked was how often your phone got low on charge or died. It was claimed that was related to delinquent loan payments.

In a "Frontline" TV show about A.I., it was pointed out that applying for a loan in China on your phone, it checked thousands of facts about your credit worthiness in seconds. One item it checked was how often your phone got low on charge or died. It was claimed that was related to delinquent loan payments.

That means my youngest daughter will never move out. :(

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up and IdaX
In a "Frontline" TV show about A.I., it was pointed out that applying for a loan in China on your phone,
it checked thousands of facts about your credit worthiness in seconds.
One item it checked was how often your phone got low on charge or died.
It was claimed that was related to delinquent loan payments.
I wonder how this can be check and where such information is stored?

I would say that my phone was doing the opposite by crashing when the battery was too full.
I use an alarm App to alert me when the phone reaches 90% to stop charging.