Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tilt/Intrusion setting on a 2019 M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow I am taking my first ferry ride since acquiring my 2019 M3. I note the mention in the Owner's manual of a Tilt/Intrusion setting, which according to the manual, is accessed as follows:
Controls > Safety & Security > Tilt/Intrusion.

I cannot seem to access Tilt/Intrusion. I also note that under Controls I see only Safety instead of Safety & Security.

I read the suggestions that the Sentry setting must first be turned off, but it's the same whether it's switched on or off.

How do I learn if my car has the feature? If it does, how do I switch the setting?

Thank you for your assistance.

Murray in Victoria BC Canada

Hmm: I was unaware of the "Tilt" setting.

I looked at the online Model 3 manual for North America and found this. I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish, so I am not sure if this answers your question.

Tilt/Intrusion (if equipped)​

The Security Alarm must be on to enable Tilt/Intrusion.

Tilt/Intrusion sounds the alarm in your vehicle if Model 3 detects motion inside the cabin, or is moved or tilted (for example, with a tow truck or jack). To enable, touch Controls > Safety > Tilt/Intrusion.

The intrusion sensor automatically disables in situations where the climate control system is operating when you leave your vehicle. To override, you can manually turn the Tilt/Intrusion Sensor on again after choosing Keep Climate On, Dog, or Camp Mode.

Note
If you plan to leave something that moves inside your locked vehicle, remember to turn off Tilt/Intrusion. If this setting is on, any motion detected inside Model 3 activates the intrusion alarm.