Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tilting Monitor on S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They better retrofit it for free. I know I paid for it when placing my original order.

It was in the description when I ordered as well, and then silently removed. However, I think the odds of a free retrofit are near nil.

Looks like there’s a “Display” button in the “controls” section now.

Last edited:
I hope they at least make it an option for pre June 22 refresh Model S owners. Best case (and admittedly least likely outcome), Tesla agrees to retrofit for free. Second best case, Tesla agrees to retrofit for some reasonable fee. Worst case, Tesla lies and says it's not possible because it's a new design not built into the older refreshed cars (ignoring the Munro video) to avoid arguing with all the upset early adopters who want it for free.

I saw the tilt feature advertised and it was a factor in my early order. I most likely would have bought the car anyway (and in fact took delivery so that is that) so while I don't mind paying something to get the feature (let me decide), it would be awesome if Tesla took care of this on their dime

There are some threads here in the forums on manually adjusting the screen and I posted an FAQ with photos on how to do it. I watched the video and it looks like you can have it left, flat and right. If you think about it (and want to tilt it) how often would you do it ? I manually tilted mine towards me weeks ago, love the position and would never move it again.

So I guess my March build MSLR probably doesn't have the motors, as I'm on 2022.12.3.2 and have no controls to tilt. Not a huge big deal to me, but it would have been nice to have.
Same boat as you. Took delivery of my refreshed Model S in Dec 2021. As I recall seeing in an article last year, the tilt hardware (sans motor) is present in the refreshed Model Ss that cannot currently tilt the screen. TBD if Tesla offers a fix/retrofit to make it tilt by installing the motor. To your point, not a big deal if they do not offer it IMO. But curious if they will.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid