Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time Based Control Getting Smarter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
Today I caught Time Based Control altering a decision in what appears to be a near term solution. In the past I have seen it go down with the ship. If it's analysis for several days indicated a strong pattern it would stick with it. Last night it was hot and we kept part of the AC running most of the night. This AM was the first day this year that the AC was running in the AM before peaks higher settings kicked in.

And generally the PWs see Friday as a special day to cut the reserved power as close as it can get believing the minimal peak consumption for the weekend plus large generation this time of the year would not need much reserve. I was surprised to see that it built the reserve up to 80% by 1PM during partial peak. Normally it might only go to 60% or even 45% when I don't consume much. My reserve is set at 30%. But if you look closely at 1pm it decided to commit even more energy to reserve and took the PWs to 86% before peak cut in at 2pm and discharge started.

All my consumption changes have really happened in the last 20 hours or so, so that is pretty quick learning. Or perhaps it knows my area is under a heat watch and it decided to increase the power. I don't know but either situation shows more intelligence than I have witnessed before.

Screenshot_20220610-140350_Tesla.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: GWord and BGbreeder