Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time between updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 9.22.52 AM.png

I have my 2nd M3 and the first one had the beach buggy game, but the new one that I have had about 4 days still has not updated. Current software is 2019.15.104.1 753f0a5 on new one. I have switched it over the ADVANCED but it still says it is updated. Any way to get it to download the new firmware? It is connected to my home wifi.

I have my 2nd M3 and the first one had the beach buggy game, but the new one that I have had about 4 days still has not updated. Current software is 2019.15.104.1 753f0a5 on new one. I have switched it over the ADVANCED but it still says it is updated. Any way to get it to download the new firmware? It is connected to my home wifi.

No real way. Just have to continue waiting. It will come. 20.4.4 is rolling out super slow. And for some reason there is like 6 firmware flowing around. So I would hold tight before wanting a rushed software.

=========
I switched to Advanced about 3 days after the last update I received because it was about 26 days on that one.

Made no difference.

So I switched back.

I don't think it makes a bit of difference.

Reactions: KJD
Updates occur at different times for different cars. Dependent on your car and features and location, it can vary all over the place. At the end of last year there were some pretty big gaps for all releases. There seems to be another pretty big gap right now. Big gaps often mean big features coming.

Updates occur at different times for different cars. Dependent on your car and features and location, it can vary all over the place. At the end of last year there were some pretty big gaps for all releases. There seems to be another pretty big gap right now. Big gaps often mean big features coming.

===========

Well I don't have either AP or FSD so I don't expect any huge differences. Would be nice if they gave us more control over Sentry Mode and the sensitivity of the sensors.

51, 47 and 44 days are my longest dry spells. I have had my car for just over a year and have had 15 updates total, so that makes my average wait around 23 days. But it's hard to think of it that way because what will happen is that you might wait close to two months for an update and then you get one (maybe at the tail end of once cycle) and then bam, you are at the beginning of a new cycle. Or maybe you get an update but it's determined to be buggy you so get another one pretty quickly.

I've had to ask them to push an update manually after being several generations behind. Now I'm at 2019.20.4.2 which allows me to set Standard vs. Advanced, but I've seen no difference. I park underground without LTE or WiFi, and in the past I'd get updated pretty quickly after even a 10 min drive.

However since they've switched to WiFi only, it's been a struggle. I watch for the "update ready" in the Software screen but it's a real black hole as to when I'm going to get updated. I'm anxious for 2019.24.x now since I have the Chademo adapter.