Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for a Boston-area event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

photo (9).JPG

Not quite a Tesla event, but something that doesn't happen that often, at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Louden, NH the BMW Car Club of America has an advanced driving skills school day on Saturday October 5th. I plan to attend this one:

White Mountain Chapter BMW Car Club - Advanced Driving Skills School

Later that month (18th, 19th, and 20th) is the High Performance Driving School (of which the above course is a pre-requisite).

White Mountain Chapter BMW Car Club - High Performance Driving School

Last edited:
Sorry guys for missing the Cars and Coffee event. Looks like it was fun. Had a late evening the night before and couldn't get up in time. :)

That said, there is a Harvard Fall Festival that will happen on the 14-15th of Sept, in the town of Harvard, MA (near Westford for those that don't know). On Sunday the 15th is a Classic Car Show from 10am - 3pm. Link below.

Anyone want to meetup during this and place half a dozen Teslas in the event? Not sure if we are allowed to enter or not, but just saying. :)

If this is too far for anyone, I live in the town and you would be welcome to charge at my NEMA 14-50 home charger for the event.

Home

Unfortunately, I missed the Cars and Coffee event. That said, I think there are good opportunities to get together again. The Cars and Copters sounds like fun. Also, in my town, there is a Harvard Fall Festival on the 15th that does a Car Show. I sent the person an email to ask if I can bring a Tesla to participate in the show, and he was excited about it. There is no registration required. Just show up and pay the minor entry fee.
Here is their website: Home
For those that would like to join, please let me know. I'd like to meet other fellow owners.
Also, if this ends up being slightly longer trip than you want, you are more than welcome to use my NEMA 14-50 connection at home (in Harvard).

Not quite a Tesla event, but something that doesn't happen that often, at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Louden, NH the BMW Car Club of America has an advanced driving skills school day on Saturday October 5th. I plan to attend this one:

White Mountain Chapter BMW Car Club - Advanced Driving Skills School

Later that month (18th, 19th, and 20th) is the High Performance Driving School (of which the above course is a pre-requisite).

White Mountain Chapter BMW Car Club - High Performance Driving School

I would love to do that but all the child-related weekend activities are starting up again. Maybe next spring...

The Model S will be fine for the ADSS on October 5 (in a parking lot), but won't work well for the for the driving school on the road course track given the profile of driving. Pretty sure there would be range issues at the track, never mind for the drive home. There will also be power limits after 10-15 mins of spirited driving, protecting against overheat. Neither issue fully prevents doing the event or having a good time as long as people are going into it with eyes wide open.

The Model S is really not built for a full track situation (sustained high speed "abuse"), at least in its current configuration. With better cooling, it could work well but it's not a mass market concern so would have to be custom. And then there's the high power charging need.

All that said, the BMW or Audi ADSS events are worthwhile for anyone and easy for the Model S to tolerate. They happen 4-5 times a year (April-October) at Loudon between the different chapters.