Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for a new HV Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not saying this happened to me, but wondering...my BMS_u029 came after transferring ownership via Tesla app and Factory Reset. Is there some way you could (remotely) see if previous owner did the reset option and didn't tell me?
Not really possible to do remotely, unfortunately, unless you've got a friend at Tesla that can shoot over the raw logs (unlikely, as not even techs have access to this anymore... don't know who would, but not anyone outside of Tesla HQ almost for sure).

Reactions: NV Ray
Another improvement I have seen with the new battery is the supercharging speed. I have seen as much as 180Kwh charge rate at 250kwh superchargers.
on a 1014116-00-c battery shown in an earlier post? wow!
makes me wonder why my car was able to do 130kw on the old battery (1 second max) but struggles to get to 120kw with the same battery you have, but even with the 14 of 16 modules 113kw is = to 130kw, i was really hoping it would hold out a higher speed for longer than it does, however its still significantly better than the old battery, though i really feel its weather dependent, ive only seen it hold 100kw+ past 50% twice since getting it, and im not really sure what causes it to drop early (30% under 100kw sometimes) when someone has posted screen shots of 40% charging at 122kw.
i feel like this battery has been very inconsistent
interested to see what summer brings when battery heating isnt needed...

At the risk of reigniting a Fuse Covergate/AC Draingate discussion, we wanted to show the fuse cover we got off a 2014 Model S that came in from the Northeast this past week.

Unfortunately all too common for a 10 year old car from the Northeast, where salt is regularly applied to winter roads.

However, despite the corrosion having worked its way right through the fuse cover - see second pic - everything was clean and dry inside (though we suspect that it wouldn’t have been for much longer…)

Attachments

• 341B8F55-72E8-46DD-BF7F-11396BBB7EE3.jpeg
    341B8F55-72E8-46DD-BF7F-11396BBB7EE3.jpeg
    568 KB · Views: 159
  • 0C1C22B1-8AEA-48BE-8940-1A9495C679A6.jpeg
    0C1C22B1-8AEA-48BE-8940-1A9495C679A6.jpeg
    576.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
At the risk of reigniting a Fuse Covergate/AC Draingate discussion, we wanted to show the fuse cover we got off a 2013 Model S that came in from the Northeast this past week.

Unfortunately all too common for a 10 year old car from the Northeast, where salt is regularly applied to winter roads.

However, despite the corrosion having worked its way right through the fuse cover - see second pic - everything was clean and dry inside (though we suspect that it wouldn’t have been for much longer…)

As a preventive maintenance,It might be worth coating it with POR-15 on the pyro fuse cover.But the challenge will be to find a shop who has access to lift & willing to work on it.

At the risk of reigniting a Fuse Covergate/AC Draingate discussion, we wanted to show the fuse cover we got off a 2013 Model S that came in from the Northeast this past week.

Yeah, it is pretty tough to rinse and clean that part of the car. Even after winter is over I imagine there is dry crystallized salt sitting there, and spring rains just wet it down and it essentially rusts all year long. Most cars in climates like this only last 10 years anyway, as the whole underside looks the same. Even Toyotas, one of the most reliable vehicles, have frame rusting issues.
Sometimes I wonder if it would be less expensive to society overall to require and supply at discounted rates every vehicle with studded winter tires instead of using salts on roads.
Environmentalists would certainly agree. Not to mention that I have to pay a $200 deductible to replace my $1200 windshield every 2 years because of the 1" large "sand" pieces they throw on the roads, after they salt or drip the magnesium chloride over them. Rant over! 😁

Reactions: henderrj and Recell
indeed.

curiously, bolt removal aside (always brutal on these Northeast cars 🤬), the underside on this Model S was actually one of the cleanest we’ve seen - to the point we had to double check the serial number on the pack to confirm that it wasn’t a replacement. 😀

doesn’t hurt that the chassis and bottom side of the pack are all aluminum 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: henderrj