Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for Canada subforums for Model 3, S+X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
Can I suggest to the moderators that perhaps the time has come to divide the Tesla Canada forum into separate sections for Model 3 specific issues, Model S+X issues and Generic issues? Today there is a thread that says "Summon coming to Canada". But we have had Summon (or a crippled version of Summon) for a couple of years - at least I have had it on my Model S.

If non-region-specific items were kept out of regional forums, I don't think this would be as much of an issue. I've brought this up in the past and have encountered pushback. May I suggest if you want to have a rich discussion regarding something that isn't truly specific to a given region, you'll have a better time if you take that discussion to the appropriate forum.

If non-region-specific items were kept out of regional forums, I don't think this would be as much of an issue. I've brought this up in the past and have encountered pushback. May I suggest if you want to have a rich discussion regarding something that isn't truly specific to a given region, you'll have a better time if you take that discussion to the appropriate forum.
Agree with rypalmer for this 110%

Reactions: Big Earl
Roughly have of the threads on the first page are not region specific (unless only Canucks buy winter tires) and it would be more useful if the thread titles included the car model being discussed. Although that may now be redundant as it appears that almost all of the threads are about the Model 3 these days.

Reactions: Drone Flyer
Roughly have of the threads on the first page are not region specific (unless only Canucks buy winter tires) and it would be more useful if the thread titles included the car model being discussed. Although that may now be redundant as it appears that almost all of the threads are about the Model 3 these days.

Just like they were about the X before/after its launch and like it will be for the Y next year or so, then the Roadster, etc. The new hawtness gets the most discussion.

Agree with rypalmer that many posts here should be in the main Model 3, S & X forums as they're not specific to Canada. Furthermore, the problem is compounded by the fact that I'm sure a good proportion of regulars to TMC head to the New Posts page to get caught up. From there it's easy to miss which forum/sub-forum the thread is in, so a good number of threads in the Canada forum get responded to by non-Canadians. I'm not blaming them. In fact, if the thread is so generic that the reader can't figure out that the thread is specific to Canada, then the thread probably shouldn't have been placed in the Canada forum in the first place.

Good moderation moving the threads to the appropriate forums would be a big help. I'm not volunteering!

I agree, when I check this forum, I want informative dialogue on the vehicle I own, in this case, the Model S.
Others would want the X or the 3 or even the Roadster.
Perhaps the mods should eradicate the “New Posts” thread to avoid people from posting anything anywhere!

I think this is a good idea

Hopefully there would be far fewer complainers - it’d be nice to get back to the days of the site being informative and friendly rather than ‘There was a stone in my tyre on delivery - I’m so disgusted - how could this happen?????’ type posts

I've seen this phenomenon come up on another forum I'm an administrator of. Canadians on that forum tend to hang out in the Canadian regional forums to talk about technical car details instead of taking those discussions to the appropriate (and often already-existing) threads in the technical sections. The result is redundant conversations and a greater tendency for misinformation to spread because the same technical discussions are happening in multiple different forum sections.

The regional forums, in my opinion, should be about regional discussions. Examples include Supercharger and other charging locations, weather events, good deals from local vendors, service centers, etc. Technical discussions about vehicle dynamics, behavior, repairs, etc. should be taking place in the model-specific sections.

@Big Earl - I think that the Canada forum is a bit different than the US regional forums as there are more drastic differences in Canadian cars. For example, any issues with LTE/3G could very well be due to different carriers in Canada. Summon is different, apparently due to government regulations, charging infrastructure can be very different due to government programs, etc.

But you are right that a lot of the discussions don't really belong in the regional forums.