TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Time from conformation to start of production

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Starks117, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Starks117

Starks117 Member

Can anyone tell me if they are in the same situation as me, its been 7 weeks since I confirmed my order and it is still scheduled for production. I think it is now increasingly unlikely that I will get my car this year, just before I ordered it stated likely delivery date of late September, then as soon as I placed the order it went to late November - December.

I now know that the order site is a bit optimistic (outright lie), I am now past the original estimated delivery window and it has not even entered production. I have spoken to the delivery team and they have said that it looks like it is an unusually long time but have no explanation, and can't give me an answer as to why it is taking so long..

I have seen the delivery spreadsheet and even from that it looks like I am one of the unlucky ones. Anyone else ordered early August and the order has not progressed?

2. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Might be the combination of options you have chosen (either awaiting parts, or awaiting a "similar batch"), but either way its not good ... sorry to hear it, too.

3. DJP31

DJP31 Member

I wonder if you've been caught up in the Model 3 situation. That's bound to have had an impact, despite what they might say to the contrary. If it goes into production within the next couple of weeks I think you'd probably just about get it by the year end, although year end is not a good time to take delivery.

Is there anything in the inventory that is close to your spec? It's also worth asking them as there seems to be cars magically made available at times. If there is you could get your deposit switched across to one.

4. Starks117

Starks117 Member

Yep thought that by ordering when I did I would not get caught up in the end of quarter rush ah well, but you are right badly timed for the model 3 situation.

Not a lot on the inventory at the moment and nothing that is close to what I want for the interior or options, I will ask though. Its just frustrating I would be happy if they could give me a reason for the delay but the people at delivery just don't know.

5. arg

arg Supporting Member

Have you pushed with your DS to confirm whether that is really true? The online status in 'my tesla' seems to have at least some element of manual updating rather than being a direct reflection of the factory status, so can sometimes be misleading.

6. Starks117

Starks117 Member

Unfortunately yes I have asked the DS to check and it defiantly still scheduled for production.

7. CotswoldS3X

CotswoldS3X Member

I feel your pain. My timeline looks like this so far:

07/08/17 - Your order is confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.

15/09/17 - Your Tesla is currently in production.

29/09/17 - Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from our Fremont factory to the port within the United States.

So mine was just over 2 weeks to enter production. 7 weeks seems excessive though - what have you ordered?

Mine is an X 75D, PUP, 7 seater multipattern, EAP, metallic silver, standard wheels...

8. DJP31

DJP31 Member

Mine was order confirmed 30/10 and entered production 22/12. I was given 3 anticipated “going into production” dates none of which were accurate. The only consistency seems to be the inconsistency.

@CotswoldS3X you can at least now be pretty confident of a handover before the madness that is the year end.

9. Starks117

Starks117 Member

Ordered August 9th confirmed 14th August. Model S 75D Black leather interior, EAP, Midnight Silver and standard wheels. Thought this was more or less the most commonly ordered option across the range.

10. Starks117

Starks117 Member

If my order is anything like yours then I am hopeful that it will go in to production soon when was yours finally delivered I am expecting 60 days or so from completion of production to delivery.

11. DJP31

DJP31 Member

I went into transit on 2nd Jan and collected on 1st March, I think 63 days is the average.

12. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

That's got to be the best predictive text change that I've ever seen :)

13. Starks117

Starks117 Member

Ha yep

14. CotswoldS3X

CotswoldS3X Member

Hopefully!
    They’re estimating mid November at the moment.

15. Starks117

Starks117 Member

They must be watching the forum car finally went in to production this evening...

• Like x 1
  16. tkdkenny

tkdkenny Member

Sounds like some bad luck. I confirmed a week before you, and my S75 is now this side of the pond in Tilburg for final assembly.
    They may have been trying to get all the RWD cars out before they discontinued it.
    It must be a record; my car is "obsolete" before its even delivered :)

17. CotswoldSara

CotswoldSara Member

@tkdkenny haha I know that feeling! I ordered my RWD Model S 75 on the Sunday they decided to discontinue it :)

18. PBV240

PBV240 New Member

Have you seen this spreadsheet, if so does it look accurate? I just ordered my Tesla and the original delivery date was Nov-Dec and then it jumped to Dec-Jan. I've been waiting for this sheet to update, but my car still isn't showing up.

Model S Order & Delivery 2017

19. CotswoldSara

CotswoldSara Member

@PBV240

Don't know about the spreadsheet, looks like it's owner/buyer maintained though so I guess your car won't appear until you add it.

When I ordered my S it showed Nov-Dec for a while, then when I confirmed it immediately jumped to late Dec-Jan. I have a Lexus RX to sell / part-ex & the price Tesla has given me is rubbish so was thinking of selling privately but Xmas is *not* the time to be selling a car ... neither is Jan :( So, now wondering whether to push out the delivery or try to sell my car early & run a rental for a couple of months??

20. PBV240

PBV240 New Member

WOW! I didn't even notice. That's a tough decision. I hope you figure it out. I need mine before January so I can take advantage of the $7500 EV credit, before the US government decides to take it away because they don't believe in climate change...