Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from conformation to start of production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I followed the exact same decision process. I even ordered the 75D when in the store, but changed it to the 75 after the excitement reduced a little. I only wish the new RWD versions had the extra "frunk" space they used to have (one of the few advantages it had).
We may be getting the "poor mans" Tesla, but I think we get some points for having some of the last S75s in the world, and some of the only ones with the latest HW. :) 13 days till pick-up!! so excited.

Haha, yeah we should get some kudos for that at least! Mines just gone into production so I've got a while to wait yet, doesn't stop me getting excited about the status change though :D

@CotswoldSara I'm very pleased for you to hear yours has gone into production but also gutted that mine (ordered 5 days before yours) hasn't!!

Only real difference in our vehicles seems to be that I've gone Pano roof and you've gone full glass... Surely it can't just be because of this!? :(

They probably do bunch them together, but it could just be that your My Tesla hasn't been updated yet. I think it is a manual update that is performed by your DS. Mine only ever updated on a Monday morning.

The "into production" and "heading for the port" are automated, everything after that is manual. I believe the "My Tesla" updates were written with the domestic US market in mind, and everything thereafter is a bolt on - and not particularly efficient at that.