Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time from pre-delivery MVPA to receiving Delivery window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those so fortunate, can you give the time it took to be given a delivery window after signing the pre-delivery MVPA? I mean the specific two week window, not the generic two month estimate. Thanks

For those so fortunate, can you give the time it took to be given a delivery window after signing the pre-delivery MVPA? I mean the specific two week window, not the generic two month estimate. Thanks

Not sure this is going to help since Tesla's production ramp is still very much in the 'ramping' stages.

Mine was signed/countersigned on 10-7. The delivery window at that time was the generic two month Feb '13 - Mar '13. They pulled my configuration (85kWh, Air suspension) up for a December delivery and gave me a window of 12/15 - 12/31 on 12/7 (so two months from signing pre-mvpa), but they missed that window, and it's looking like late Jan, early Feb is more realistic.

My understanding is that Tesla ultimately wants to gets to the point where they send out the Finalize notice four months before they plan on delivering your car, they give you 30 days to decide on final config, then three months to build/deliver your car. I think, long term, that this will be the average scenario.

Here's my prior post on another thread. Hope it helps.
Saw my delivery button today as well. I'm not sure exactly when it first appeared since there was no related email. Tesla should fix this lack of notification, since they've trained us all to look for emails, although I suspect its appearance was pretty recent. For those anticipating their "button", from my experience (East Coast P85) it looks like it's under two weeks from signed paperwork to the delivery button, and 4-6 weeks from that to delivery (my window is January 30th-February 13th).

Here's my prior post on another thread. Hope it helps.
Saw my delivery button today as well. I'm not sure exactly when it first appeared since there was no related email. Tesla should fix this lack of notification, since they've trained us all to look for emails, although I suspect its appearance was pretty recent. For those anticipating their "button", from my experience (East Coast P85) it looks like it's under two weeks from signed paperwork to the delivery button, and 4-6 weeks from that to delivery (my window is January 30th-February 13th).

When did you sign your MVPA?

Pre-delivery MVPA received 12/4. Signed back on 12/7. Received an email on 12/28 saying my car was done and ready to be delivered ASAP with a delivery window of 12/29-1/5. Scheduled delivery to secondary address in the mid-west as I am out of town with family. Submitted paperwork and wired the money on 12/31. Car loaded on 12/31 and should be delivered around 1/9-1/12, but hopefully quicker. :)

I signed on December 16th and they countersigned on the 18th. I saw the delivery button on the 31st, at which point they gave me my 2 week delivery window.

By that metric I should get delivery Feb 10-24. One can hope.

Pre-delivery MVPA received 12/4. Signed back on 12/7. Received an email on 12/28 saying my car was done and ready to be delivered ASAP with a delivery window of 12/29-1/5. Scheduled delivery to secondary address in the mid-west as I am out of town with family. Submitted paperwork and wired the money on 12/31. Car loaded on 12/31 and should be delivered around 1/9-1/12, but hopefully quicker. :)

But I'm praying it's much closer to this one!!

I wonder if Tesla has a fair amount of "white tails"(cars ordered but buyer backed out late in the process). If your order is close to the cancelled order, they just change what needs to be changed and out the door it goes. I'm sure it's happened. Logan may be one of them since 3 weeks seems incredibly short. That or many sit ready minus paint and interior.

My understanding is that Tesla ultimately wants to gets to the point where they send out the Finalize notice four months before they plan on delivering your car, they give you 30 days to decide on final config, then three months to build/deliver your car. I think, long term, that this will be the average scenario.
I think the 3 months includes the 30 days, so any delay during that period doesn't affect the final delivery. Thereafter, you'd begin to "slip".