TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Time Interview w/ Elon

Discussion in 'News' started by Todd Burch, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I opened Time magazine today and found an interview with Elon in the latest issue near the front. One page...no huge surprises, but just thought I'd let everyone know it's there.

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#2 vfx, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  3. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

Tempered by this:

http://venturebeat.com/2010/07/09/tesla-motors-elon-musk-truth/

If you like Tesla (as I do) you may not like this article, but "sunlight is the best disinfectant." Best line: " I don’t believe Musk twists the truth out of malice. Rather, at this point, it may well be out of habit. He’s so used to getting his way that future possibilities just seem like present realities to him." :mad:

4. Aspirant

Aspirant Member

An anecdote:

In the fourth century BC, Philip of Macedonia was gathering northern Greek cities under his control. Down in Athens the two greatest political orators of the day, Isocrates and Demosthenes, were speaking out. Isocrates was a teacher keen to make sure he presented the facts well. Demosthenes was not so interested in what was “true,” but in what could be "made true" by the actions he advocated.

Both addressed the threat Philip presented but, as the story goes, when Isocrates finished, people said "How well he speaks!" But when Demosthenes spoke they said, "Let's march against Philip!

The blogger is a reporter/critic, who is in nature quite different from the entrepreneur. All the reporter can see is misstated facts. All Musk can see is what can be made fact by his efforts.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

6. EV_de

EV_de Model SP10/XP9 EU ZOE#47

... Mythbusters , Adam Savage 2006 ?

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yup...

8. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

The interview was interesting because the questions were from ordinary people and were across the board.