Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time Interview w/ Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Tempered by this:

http://venturebeat.com/2010/07/09/tesla-motors-elon-musk-truth/

If you like Tesla (as I do) you may not like this article, but "sunlight is the best disinfectant." Best line: " I don’t believe Musk twists the truth out of malice. Rather, at this point, it may well be out of habit. He’s so used to getting his way that future possibilities just seem like present realities to him." :mad:

I don’t believe Musk twists the truth out of malice. Rather, at this point, it may well be out of habit. He’s so used to getting his way that future possibilities just seem like present realities to him.

An anecdote:

In the fourth century BC, Philip of Macedonia was gathering northern Greek cities under his control. Down in Athens the two greatest political orators of the day, Isocrates and Demosthenes, were speaking out. Isocrates was a teacher keen to make sure he presented the facts well. Demosthenes was not so interested in what was “true,” but in what could be "made true" by the actions he advocated.

Both addressed the threat Philip presented but, as the story goes, when Isocrates finished, people said "How well he speaks!" But when Demosthenes spoke they said, "Let's march against Philip!

The blogger is a reporter/critic, who is in nature quite different from the entrepreneur. All the reporter can see is misstated facts. All Musk can see is what can be made fact by his efforts.

i_reject_your_reality_substitute_my_own_mug-p16819575659626078121yff_400.jpg