Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time line of conformed to delivery!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I conformed mt Model X on 5/6/16. Got the VIN no on 5/15/16. Still, no communication from the DS. Is it normal? What is the time frame in number of days from conform to get VIN no to get email about production? Just curious....
It varies from person to person and most importantly what options you ordered and when you ordered. For example in late March/early April they though production was going great, so pretty much everyone that had confirmed (excluding 5 seats and 75D) got their VINs. And then productions lowed down significantly for the seat recall, and better QC, and they've been stingier about VINs. The last few weeks have started to open up more. Canadians and some Europeans are getting VINs, and quality of recent deliveries is improving dramatically. So... Patience, but you can be hopeful!

For a company like Tesla and the it's reputation for customer service, having not a single form of communication from DS is bit odd. I would expect at least one, for ordering a car!!!!! if not anything else. I mean, how busy he Or she could be??

Have you tried going to the delivery center/service center and meeting with your DS so they can put a face to your name? My DS is already great but I've gone and spoken with her twice. Makes the relationship a lot more personable. My SC is about 15 min from my house though so it's an easy trip.

Yes, that's has been the only way that I can get him to do answer any questions. Otherwise my emails go unanswered. He apologizes then responds quickly after I visit in person. Now about a month after, I send him a follow up email to ask about the status and no response.

Yes, that's has been the only way that I can get him to do answer any questions. Otherwise my emails go unanswered.

I think this is very dependant on the perticualr DS. I find that many people are poor at responding to emails away. That said, it is THEIR JOB to communicate with customers.
I think all we can do is to send feedback to ™ after the delivery is done and share our experiences.. This will eventually weed out the bad ones. I know that does not help your particular situation though.
That said, a shout out to Carlos R. at The SLC SC.. He has been very responsive, even if he has nothing more to update me with..
The approach I took was to just send an introductory email when the "My Tesla" gave his contact information, and then a follow up once every couple of weeks. He has responded within 12 hours with every email.

I placed my order on 5/12/16 (90D, loaded including PUP, 6 seats) and it was confirmed on 5/19/16. I received my VIN yesterday morning (5/20/16) and also received an email the same day from my DS. it said nothing about a timeline. I emailed him, and he responded within hours that he guesses June production and is hoping for July delivery but (fairly) said we will really know more when the car enters production.

I happened to meet this DS at my local showroom a couple of years ago when I was effectively window shopping. I assume the DS role is a step-up in the organization, and remember being very impressed with him (to the point that I took and kept his card). So happy this is the case, given the variability in responsiveness and customer service communicated by others here.

I placed my order on 5/12/16 (90D, loaded including PUP, 6 seats) and it was confirmed on 5/19/16. I received my VIN yesterday morning (5/20/16) and also received an email the same day from my DS. it said nothing about a timeline. I emailed him, and he responded within hours that he guesses June production and is hoping for July delivery but (fairly) said we will really know more when the car enters production.

I happened to meet this DS at my local showroom a couple of years ago when I was effectively window shopping. I assume the DS role is a step-up in the organization, and remember being very impressed with him (to the point that I took and kept his card). So happy this is the case, given the variability in responsiveness and customer service communicated by others here.

Is your DS Denton?

90D w/Prem pkg, VIN 17XX, confirmed Feb 13, first delay was 3rd row but after that DS keeps saying QA is keeping the vehicle longer to "make it perfect on delivery".

Well...I moved on. Just sent a note to DS saying I won't be taking delivery any longer, whenever that was to be. I understand the purchase agreement but now there's closure LOL.